Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for information on where to place my 2T floor jack to remove the tires on my machine. The picture in the book is not very clear (or big enough) to see where on the axles to put the jack head. Not even sure the arrows point to the axles. Also looked at the online operators manual to zoom the picture.
Searching for lift points and axles didn't yield any help. Not sure I have the search on this site figured out yet.

I use this same jack on the front center of my 1500 Chevy and it lifts the truck just fine. Block it up and do my tire work.
Wondering if I can do the same kind of thing to the tractor?
Even a better picture would be good.
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking for information on where to place my 2T floor jack to remove the tires on my machine. The picture in the book is not very clear (or big enough) to see where on the axles to put the jack head. Not even sure the arrows point to the axles. Also looked at the online operators manual to zoom the picture.
Searching for lift points and axles didn't yield any help. Not sure I have the search on this site figured out yet.

I use this same jack on the front center of my 1500 Chevy and it lifts the truck just fine. Block it up and do my tire work.
Wondering if I can do the same kind of thing to the tractor?
Even a better picture would be good.
Thanks.
Dealer tech used the tongue below the rear PTO for the rear tires and the center of the front transaxle with a block of wood on the jack's saddle to clear the steering crossbar for the front tires.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
x2. Put your jack on the steel frame somewhere. Getting the jack too close to the transmission case could break the aluminum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JW, jsb2b, thanks for the info.
I thought the frame would be safe but wanted to check if there was some reason the lift points were shown in the manual. Damage or something.
Yeah, know about no jacking on aluminum parts. Just like you don't lift on the punkin on the rear axle of a 55 Chevy 😕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts