Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1026r with the 260 backhoe and I really would like to be able to do some night digging. I tried searching for a solution, but nothing specific for backhoe night use.

Maybe this is an impossible thing, since the light wouldn't be able to shine down into my trench well enough?

Just wondering if anyone has installed rear light(s) that work great for using with the backhoe at night.

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
I've seen quite a few photos of small JD and Kubota TLBs which have small work lights mounted out on the boom to shine down into the hole being dug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are some impressive battery powered magnetic LED lights out there now. Might be a good (temporary) solution

Reactions: Tomfive

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've found the single rear light kit to be helpful when using the backhoe. Certainly doesn't light everything up like a stadium, but if I'm just a bit late on the project, and have to finish at dark, it gets the job done.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found the single rear light kit to be helpful when using the backhoe. Certainly doesn't light everything up like a stadium, but if I'm just a bit late on the project, and have to finish at dark, it gets the job done.
You can actually see down into the trench 3' down?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yes, you can see 3' down. Of course, some of it is reflection, etc. It isn't bright enough to tell a rock from a dirt clod, but you can see that it is one or the other.

Also, you CAN turn the two optional forward facing auxiliary lights around to the rear as well.

Again, it isn't like daylight, but it can make it possible to dig.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I rigged up these led lights for my loader that are mag mount to take on and off,I don't see why they couldn't work on the boom of a backhoe.They are 2 prong weather head connectors and work off the cigarette outlet and switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you can see 3' down. Of course, some of it is reflection, etc. It isn't bright enough to tell a rock from a dirt clod, but you can see that it is one or the other.

Also, you CAN turn the two optional forward facing auxiliary lights around to the rear as well.

Again, it isn't like daylight, but it can make it possible to dig.
What exact light kids did you install? Any pics of using them with backhoe? :)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
What exact light kids did you install? Any pics of using them with backhoe? :)
Just the Deere auxilary light kits. (front and rear) Not on the backhoe specifically. You can see them in all of my videos.

Tim

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mounted a $20 light from tractor supply, haven't done any real night time digging to test it yet, but I think it'll work. I put in a switch in the dash.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts