Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New addition to the 1025r. Backup camera.

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Thats interesting. What all do you have in that cab??:good2::good2: need pictures and explanations

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ran a 12 gauge wire, through a 30 amp fuse, from the starter bolt up to a fuse block in the roof of the cab.

IMG_0337.JPG

The blue electric box on the left houses the fuse block. I cut out the sides to run the wires and I attached it to the roof of the cab. The fuse block was attached to the electric box.

IMG_0366.JPG

From the fuse block I have three 18 gauge wires running to the electric box housing the 3 toggle switches. Cut out the back of the electrical box for the wires, drilled 3 holes in the faceplate, and attached the box to the cab frame.

One toggle is for the 2 LED light strips on each side of the cab. This runs through a 5 amp fuse.

IMG_0367.JPG

One toggle is for the 2 front roof work lights. 35 watts each and runs through a 10 amp fuse in the block.

The third toggle turns on the backup camera and front monitor. This runs through a 5 amp fuse.

I have a fourth wire from the fuse block to the wiper motor switch The wiper motor is run through a 10 amp fuse in the block.

All items are grounded to the cab frame.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I really like the idea of a backward looking camera. My neck doesn't turn as well as it used to. But without a cab, it's a big challenge finding a good place to mount the monitor.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Sweet !!! That's thinking outside the box while still being inside it . Nice job !!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope your system works better than mine does.
Why doesn't doesn't yours work good? For general backing up in and out of the barn, and for backing when snow blowing the driveway I like it. When I am backing up into a tight place, I still turn around just to make sure.

Since everything is attached to the cab, I just have to remove the bullet plug coming Off the fuse at the starter, and the whole cab will come off intact. In the summer I would rather be in the open. The cab would be too hot anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
My system is a disappointment because of using cameras and a monitor bought off of Fleabay, and the glare on the monitor makes it all but useless except in low light situations. I think if I had a cab the glass would block a lot of the glare; but the canopy on an open station tractor just isn't enough to shield the monitor.

Oh well, it was a fun experience constructing it.

Assuming Google cooperates, this is what I had posted on their Picasa web albums before they shut it down in favor of some other Google garbage product.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110106108324823291002/album/AF1QipMaUFz8z08YXxaTubCZpbTcLwcyk6tWG_dpscYn?authKey=CNm8vb3GhbG7nQE

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My system is a disappointment because of using cameras and a monitor bought off of Fleabay, and the glare on the monitor makes it all but useless except in low light situations. I think if I had a cab the glass would block a lot of the glare; but the canopy on an open station tractor just isn't enough to shield the monitor.

Oh well, it was a fun experience constructing it.

Assuming Google cooperates, this is what I had posted on their Picasa web albums before they shut it down in favor of some other Google garbage product.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110106108324823291002/album/AF1QipMaUFz8z08YXxaTubCZpbTcLwcyk6tWG_dpscYn?authKey=CNm8vb3GhbG7nQE
Wow impressive. I wish I would have gotten a bigger monitor. Kind of small.

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
417 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts