Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into adding more lights up front when I push snow with the front blade. I have all of the option lights already. While looking at the JD 54" snowblower on Mutton Powers web site, one of the pics show a set of lights that are mounted up front and looks to be mounted to the blower itself . Looking at the options section I don't see it as a choice. Does anyone have this option and can chime in on its effectiveness or has anyone made something similar to this?

Thanks
Eugene

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Those lights are the BM20753 light kit. It's only available for the x400/500/700 tractors.

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
The JD garden tractor accessory catalog lists them as a front light kit for the X700.

light.jpg
Front Light Kit

Includes two 37.5-watt lights, mounting frame, and wire harness. Attaches to the quick-hitch. Hood tilts forward for access to the engine.

X700 Series

BM20753

$207.59

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
In '04 when I got my GX + 42 snowblower I looked into a set of those... Looking at the construction and having plenty of experience adding lights to many pieces of winter equipment, I dismissed that setup. The mounting "stalks" are too long and I do believe they would give a good pattern, but I also believe they would vibrate waaaay too much. I like a bunch of light, but I don't like flickering light. AND, watch them low hanging snow loaded tree branches called "bendosnapoffs"!:laugh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info. I was wondering of anyone has made a mod similar to this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ran into the same issue as you have with my 1026R so I added some lights. Bought the light guards for the ROPS and installed a set of Hella 550 driving lights to the holes on the tops. Brought the lights up to eye level and allows me to adjust them as need be. Ran the wiring independently from the lighting circuit using one of the fuse block openings that are wired. It required some improvising here and there, but it came out well. I'd be happy to share any info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts