Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea , I ordered a set of those new size versa turfs, same size as the R4s which will give me back the height and width that I had lost with the galaxy radials I am running on it now.
Yea , I ordered a set of those new size versa turfs, same size as the R4s which will give me back the height and width that I had lost with the galaxy radials I am running on it now.
not to hijack the post but when you went from the galaxy rear tires to versa turfs did you have to get new rims for the size difference and if so where did you find them tried to pm you but no luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
not to hijack the post but when you went from the galaxy rear tires to versa turfs did you have to get new rims for the size difference and if so where did you find them tried to pm you but no luck
Yes, sizes as follows:

Fronts:
Galaxy Garden Pro R3 radial: 220/55 R12
Standard R4: 23x8.5x12

Rears:
Galaxy Garden Pro R3 radial: 280/70 R16
Standard R4: 12-16.5

You can order wheels directly from Deere, Miller tire, or a myriad of other places. But good luck if you are looking at switching, as finding the Versaturfs in the 23x8.5x12 is impossible atm. They are out stock everywhere most likely until spring. I personally wouldn't switch from the Galaxy if you're looking for that extra inch of ground clearance as they are an excellent tire in all conditions, including snow and ice so traction wise it's really a wash. But the VT does offer additional protection in the way of being a 6ply steel belt vs nylon. All food for thought.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
19 Posts
OP, you'd probably have better luck listing the 12-16.5's on their own as that is a standard skid steer tire size. I did this and they sold pretty quickly here in NE Ohio for $250 for the set. I kept the fronts and will probably use them for a later project.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
OP, you'd probably have better luck listing the 12-16.5's on their own as that is a standard skid steer tire size. I did this and they sold pretty quickly here in NE Ohio for $250 for the set. I kept the fronts and will probably use them for a later project.
I don’t think 6Pr would work too good on a skid steer

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don’t think 6Pr would work too good on a skid steer
Buyer said that's what was on his machine when he bought it and had no problems. Some mid-2000's New Holland. Not like I cared, they were gone and I'm just trying to give OP some ideas to move his.

Reactions: DIYer and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The R4s seen for sale here had the correct Rim sizes for the VTs I switched too.

If going with Galaxy turf radials like Deere offers as a factory option, then the Deere Kit is likely the best way to go, since you would need different Rims and the Deere kit comes with Tires and Rims already mounted ready to put on the tractor. . That Kit was selling for around 1200-1300 about a year ago, likely been some price increases since I last priced them, maybe 1400 by now.

Reactions: Gizmo2
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.