Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the JD 48" Core Aerator last month and it hasn't touched my lawn yet. Good thing. The rating for weight is 275lbs working load.
Problem being, the lift lever is bending when actuating. Someone mentioned the added ballast should be removed prior to actuation lifting/lowering.
Given the situation, a 48"-60" 3PH Limited Cat1 / Cat1 Core Aerator is the next step. What options/ Prices are available?

Anyone with input on specific brand, please share your input on any/all.
So far I've found this one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the one I'm considering but haven't purchased yet. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/yard-tuff-48-in-3-point-plug-aerator

According to Northern Tool the shipping weight is 183lbs so even with a few hundred more pounds of ballast on it the X7's should be able to handle it.
That looks to be Cat0/Cat1. And could potentially be LCat1, looking at the top link.

You're response in the other thread, and others, is why I created this thread. And I couldn't find anything referencing core aerators in the Limited category.
So here we are. Lets see what input we get. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have a 56” Landpride core aerator I use on the 3pt of my 1025r. Model is CA1556 I believe. I’d have to check what I paid for it but it was over $1000 I know that. It can be loaded with up to 400 pounds of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah I haven't found much out there that are light enough to work with the X7's 450lb lift capacity. The more expensive ones are usually to heavy for the X7's and I don't really want to use my larger tractor on my lawn when its damp enough to core.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a 56” Landpride core aerator I use on the 3pt of my 1025r. Model is CA1556 I believe. I’d have to check what I paid for it but it was over $1000 I know that. It can be loaded with up to 400 pounds of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, hadn't looked at the Land Prides, the 48 might be a good option for my X739 depending on price. Looks like its lighter than the Yard Tuff 48.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
[h=1]Landpride CA15 Series 48″ Compact Tractor Core Aerator Attachment $1,195.00 +/-[/h]
I keep going back to Tractor Supply. That looks pretty stout. Googling as we speak. :thumbup1gif:

DR has the same one listed for $699

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
For that price you can get the 60" yard tuff from TSC.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For that price you can get the 60" yard tuff from TSC.
Hi Cutty72. I figured you'd hop on in here. Yes, the $699.00 price I was just referencing based on searching what was available. The DR is identical, more/less.
For my use, I'd go with the 48" from TS. That type of aerator, would be a mole getter :laugh:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hi Cutty72. I figured you'd hop on in here. Yes, the $699.00 price I was just referencing based on searching what was available. The DR is identical, more/less.
For my use, I'd go with the 48" from TS. That type of aerator, would be a mole getter :laugh:
Na, they'll be more than 3" down... :laugh:

I'm no help otherwise for the limited. I've looked at the full size from EA, Frontier, etc. that I'm not sure a limited could lift high enough.

·
Registered
732 Posts
[h=1]Landpride CA15 Series 48″ Compact Tractor Core Aerator Attachment $1,195.00 +/-[/h]
I keep going back to Tractor Supply. That looks pretty stout. Googling as we speak. :thumbup1gif:

DR has the same one listed for $699

Think DR stopped making the smaller version, I was looking last year and did not buy, tried this year and unable to get the info on it.

I have been looking myself, but in Canada DR was the only one I could find, and now they do not sell it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As a project, I found a 50" x 18" x 1" wall fiberglass steam pipe. I had/have plans to drill a bunch of holes in it, and insert some BIG nails or spikes in it. I thought about buying a bunch of water-pipe nipples, and add a nut to each side to aid replacement needs. I'd weld the heads of the spikes to the nipples. Something like 3/8" shank X 6" long at least, used for joining timbers. I think that creation would get them. Problem is, I got more ideas than ambition having a messed up hand.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah I haven't found much out there that are light enough to work with the X7's 450lb lift capacity. The more expensive ones are usually to heavy for the X7's and I don't really want to use my larger tractor on my lawn when its damp enough to core.

Doesn't your X739 weigh around 1000lbs?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to look again.
To be exact, No fuel or mower, 1,045 lb

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I called the dealer I purchased my aerator from yesterday, in reference to returning it since it has not even been hooked up. I spoke to the salesman that sold it to me. He basically said the time frame has been over 30 days, and they would not take it back. Then he added the drama about my wanting it for a better price, and that they had to remove the handle so it fit in under the canopy of my truck. Then rolled in more drama. The guy was being a real penis about it making it out to be more than it needed to be. I don't get it. I explained to him that I would like to feel comfortable about using the aerator without my having to be conscientious of bending the handle. He seemed stressed. Maybe he needs to find another job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts