Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were looking at picking up a 1025 FILB and the specs says the hitch is a "Limited Cat 1". What does that mean in relation to compatible implements?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Were looking at picking up a 1025 FILB and the specs says the hitch is a "Limited Cat 1". What does that mean in relation to compatible implements?
The "limited" part refers to lift height. You may not be able to raise some implements high enough to clear the ground, or clear it enough not to snag things. An iMatch raises the lift height a bit.

Most implements will work fine (e.g. rakes, blades, etc.) and some won't work at all (e.g. the larger plows and other stuff that's just too big for the little tractor).

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
When buying 3pt attachments it's important to know what the ground to pin height is.Cat 1 limited needs to be 12" in order to lift high enough.Cat 1 is normally 16".The lift height is about 21" for limited lift,so that only gives you 5-6" of clearance,as opposed to 10" on a 12" pin height.My x595 is cat 1 limited lift.The aerator I just bought has the bottom pins at 12" off the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Wish you lived about 1000 miles closer so I could borrow all your stuff! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts