Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Old Cajun and MTB98

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
14,846 Posts
I've used it once and will give it a 9 out of 10.
Yup, looks good, my old (+30 year) face shield is getting a bit scratched up. (y)

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
I'm totally hooked on the Uvex Bionic shields. They provide more neck protection than most shields and have an anti-fog/hard coat lens. If you wear glasses you will understand why anti-fog on a face shield is a game changer. These shields were pure unobtainium during most of the pandemic and when they first became available again they were selling for around $55. The price is now back down to $29 where it is supposed to be. Replacement hard coat anti-fog shields run around $18.

Peripheral Automotive design Personal protective equipment Fender Input device

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm totally hooked on the Uvex Bionic shields. They provide more neck protection than most shields and have an anti-fog/hard coat lens. If you wear glasses you will understand why anti-fog on a face shield is a game changer. These shields were pure unobtainium during most of the pandemic and when they first became available again they were selling for around $55. The price is now back down to $29 where it is supposed to be. Replacement hard coat anti-fog shields run around $18.

View attachment 825181
I also like the Bionic. Only thing I don't like about this (and similar shields) is that the adjustment knob makes it hard to use on a creeper under equipment. I keep an older strap adjust shield around for that.

Reactions: jgayman and Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm totally hooked on the Uvex Bionic shields. They provide more neck protection than most shields and have an anti-fog/hard coat lens.
I looked at that one. I sweat like a pig and wear glasses. I was concerned about it being too hot.

What I liked about the one I bought, it stays put, you forget it's on and the face shield is... High density clear polycarbonate lens is 190% thicker than a standard face shield (0. 077" vs 0. 040") for enhanced protection.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That shield saved my eyes when a cut-off wheel exploded. The sound was deafening! I had a 3/4 in cut in the shield, but the disk didn’t make it to my eyes. I refer to cut off wheels as “The Wheels Of Death”
Seriously, they are a must for any job! 👍

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That shield saved my eyes when a cut-off wheel exploded. The sound was deafening! I had a 3/4 in cut in the shield, but the disk didn’t make it to my eyes. I refer to cut off wheels as “The Wheels Of Death”
Thanks for that. Guess I made a good choice.
It happens more than you'd think. I had to pull a 1/4 of a disk out of my fathers leg once.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Thanks for posting this- New shield will be on order before I get the cutoff wheel out again. - I've always just used safety glasses. 😳

Reactions: w1ia and Gizmo2
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.