Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing a linear actuator on my snowblower tonight. Had to cut out the plate on my dashboard for the DPDT rocker switch, used my die grinder with a pointed burr and worked like a champ. Ran 2 wire in split poly loom. Have to get a couple of loom holders to secure the wire in place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Nice! Where did you pick up the switch at? I'm still contemplating a 54" blower for my 758. This is a must have mod IMO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked it up through work. Any Dpdt switch will work. Picked up the actuator on Ebay, think it was about $35.00

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You'll want a switch that is rated for weather and dust.

I utilized this switch on my 1025Rs:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/carling-technologies/VLD2GHNB-AAC00-000/432-1098-ND/483670

I then changed the bezel to a custom made unit from rockerswitchpros.com:

DSCN0198.JPG

On my previous 455s, I utilized this switch:

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...129-ND/2349709

DSCF1464.JPG

Digikey has a great search filter. So you can narrow the switch parameters down to the electrical and environment, then focus on size and cosmetics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My actuator and all the other ones I have seen are installed with the base down. How does it work being installed like that?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I mounted it this way because Sundancer had an Issue with his filling up with water and freezing and then not working. Works fine this way, its just mounted differently is all. I also used weather pack connectors and heat shrink connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I mounted it this way because Sundancer had an Issue with his filling up with water and freezing and then not working. Works fine this way, its just mounted differently is all. I also used weather pack connectors and heat shrink connectors.

I never thought of that. Thanks for the info. ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read the original thread with folks talking about failures and freeze ups. Mine is brand new, only used 3 times this winter and have had no issues. It sits in heated garage which I'm sure helps dry it out. Time will tell I guess!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts