Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to be honest, right after taking delivery of my 1025r I had some buyers remorse. My long paid for GT 235 cut just fine so I questioned whether I should have spent $18k on a tractor. Fast forward a month or two and it might be the best investment I have made. The FEL is a great tool that just gets stuff done. My kids and I have fun finding new things to do,with it.

I have a 3pt broadcast spreader I have used with my dads 8n. The efficiency of that on the 1025r vs a pull behind is substantial. I just bought a 40gal 3pt sprayer today.

Great tractor!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I was in same boat has you. I took delivery of my 1025R 10 days ago. Haven't had a tractor payment in 24 years, had a great 420 and 1020 to mow and plow snow with I really did not need another tractor. My son bought a house with a big lot so my wife mentioned givinG him a riding mower forhis housewarming. We decided to get a 1025r for us and let him have our 420 so two days before delivery I had surgery on my foot. Haven't been on the 1025 yet but we had some limbs come down during a storm my two sons cleaned them up in no time with the 1025 FEL. I know now I made the right choice and can't wait to get on it. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Most people that are on the wall about the 1025r say the same thing. I was thinking my old wheel horse has been good to me. For 25 years do I really need this two months later I was thinking man I have almost ran out of projects that I had always wanted to do. My neighbor would always borrow my wheelbarrow I told him to just keep it the last tim he came for it. That loader is a little workhorse. Best wheelbarrow ever made has h120 stickers on the side of it. Glad you are happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, had the same thing going on, last year when I got the 1025R. Fast forward a year, 110 hrs later, my 345 just sits and occupies space in the shop. I'm always finding something for the 1025R to be used for and really enjoy the time I get using it. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I don't carry groceries in the house with it, but there's not much else that I pick up, or carry any more. :)
My Deere is a little bit bigger of a dynamo, but I do use it to carry groceries into the house from time to time. :bigthumb:

Efficient_Use_of_Artillian_Forks.jpg

Pop was on sale at Krogers. That's a several month supply.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I don't carry groceries in the house with it, but there's not much else that I pick up, or carry any more. :)
I actually did that once. to snowy to drive a car down the drive so the tractor was used.:greentractorride:

My Deere is a little bit bigger of a dynamo, but I do use it to carry groceries into the house from time to time. :bigthumb:

View attachment 225570

Pop was on sale at Krogers. That's a several month supply.
thats a lot of pop!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
thats a lot of pop!!!
A couple of months worth. But Kroger had it on sale - Four 12-packs for $11 ($2.75 each compared the non-sale price of $4.95 :good2:) - so I stocked up! There's probably 2-3 months worth of pop there for us and some of it goes to my housebound parents.

What is "pop"?:unknown:
That's yankee for "Coke".

I'm from Atlanta, it's all Coke to us. :)
:lol: Too funny, Bubber!! I spend a lot of time in the ATL area and know exactly what you're talking about!! I don't think it's Yankee though. Yankee would be "soda". Pop is more Southern / Appalachian.

"Pop" is short for "Soda Pop". Back in the late 80's I was out in Lake Tahoe. I went into a grocery store and asked one of the employees if they had a pop machine. "What's a pop machine?" was the reply. :lol:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
What is "pop"?:unknown:
You'll be sorry you asked.....

Names for soft drinks in the United States vary regionally. "Soda" and "pop" are the most common terms for soft drinks nationally, although other terms are used, especially "coke" (a genericized name for Coca-Cola) in the South. Since individual names tend to dominate regionally, the use of a particular term can be an act of geographic identity.[1][2] The choice of terminology is most closely associated with geographic origin, rather than other factors such as race, age, or income. The differences in naming have been the subject of scholarly studies. Cambridge linguist Bert Vaux, in particular, has studied the "pop vs. soda debate" in conjunction with other regional vocabularies of American English.[3]

Coke[edit]
In the Southern United States, "coke" (or "cola") is used as a generic term for any type of soft drink—not just a Coca-Cola product or another cola. This terminology is also used in areas adjacent to the traditional southern states, such as New Mexico and Southern Indiana. Several other locations have been found to use the generic "coke," such as Trinity County, California and White Pine County, Nevada,[6] although the small populations of these counties may skew survey results. A Twitter data scientist, however, found that while "soda" and "pop" dominate in the United States, "coke" is a generic soft bih name in other countries, especially in Europe.[7]

Pop[edit]

Price list at Chicago's Express Grill, showing the word "pop" at the bottom
"Pop" is most commonly associated with the Midwest, in states like Kansas, Oklahoma, and Iowa. [8] The term is also more common in the Pacific Northwest and Mountain West.[6]

Soda[edit]
"Soda" is most common on the East and West Coasts,[9] as well as Hawaii, St. Louis, Missouri, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.[6]

In Canada we also use pop to describe a soft drink....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Whar??

NO self respecting Yankee would call that stuff "Pop'" Up here in real Yankee country we call it "soda'" Or by it's brand name. Never Pop. Some old timer might hit you on top of your head thinking your insulting him if you say Pop.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts

I'm in Maryland and it's all Coke to me too. Doesn't matter if I want to order a Pepsi, Sprite, RC Cola, etc. It's always a Coke.

As for the dynamo, I'm hoping to buy a 1025R next week. I think I'll get as much use out of it as I think I will.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site Greg! I'm pretty confidant you will enjoy your new tractor.:greentractorride:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts