Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixin to head to our property and I dropped the 60D deck. Only need is for the loader and box blade.
I asked the ole boy I bought this thing from how you can operate the 3 point without the mower deck going up and down, and I thought he said to place the height selector in "LOCK". I "think" I remember it working properly as he said.

I just dropped the deck and put it in the lock position and the linkage for the mower deck goes up and down with the 3 point arms. ??

I looked under there and can't figger out how moving that selector knob does anything to keep the linkage arms held in the UP position.

I finally just put the thing at the highest cutting height to prevent the least amount of drop.
What am I missing or not understanding?

Going back outside to get my trailer hooked up and box blade attached. Will check later for any helpful info.
If I can't get that linkage to stay up under the tractor I'll end up plowing some $hit with it.

Appreciate any help

·
Premium Member
14,750 Posts
I've found out over the years of having a series 1 26 and 25r , what is shown as the Locked or install or other settings are maybe a tad off. After lifting to highest position move lever either to the left or r on tab and it should stay in the locked position.

Yes after moving to the locked position it still may drop a little.
:dunno:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you lifting the 3 point before you go to the lock position? In other words, 1>Remove the deck, 2>Raise the three point, 3>Set to lock position.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gene. I got to get me a Manual for this rig.

I ain't sure, but it feels like you can crank that knob clockwise from lowest setting to H or G, and if you want to get to Install you have to go the other direction from lowest height to Install and Lock. I think.....

The knob lined up with "Lock" ain't keeping the mower linkage arms from going up and down.
In fact it don't keep them from going down and up either.:laugh:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did a search for the problem I'm having.

Found a BUNCH of threads asking about the same. I read a few and then.........

GOODGODFREEDANIEL!!!!!!

What a cluster this design is. :bash:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm assuming you have an independent mower lift. If you don't, the deck moves with the 3 point and the 3 point moves with the deck (that ain't broke that's how it works). I don't have independent so can't help you with this one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Look up under the left (drivers side) floor board at the stepped circle thing a bob (cutting height knob) turn it so the arm hits it at the highest point. At that setting my deck drops maybe a half inch then stays there as the 3pt continue to drop.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The gold colored upside-down spiral staircase looking thing is the 'stepped cam', it is what rotates when you turn the knob. The picture shows it in the locked position. The black lever is resting against the very bottom of the stepped cam. This is what keeps the arms from dropping.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My deck height control is not independent from the 3 point, no hydraulics.

I have the stepped "gear" thing figured out on how it relates to the selector knob, but can't see how it prevents the deck linkage arms from dropping.
The photo helps, thanks.
When I get off work I'll take another look.

But, isn't the "LOCK" position supposed to prevent the arms from dropping?
My deck disconnects and connects with no problems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My deck height control is not independent from the 3 point, no hydraulics.

I have the stepped "gear" thing figured out on how it relates to the selector knob, but can't see how it prevents the deck linkage arms from dropping.
The photo helps, thanks.
When I get off work I'll take another look.

But, isn't the "LOCK" position supposed to prevent the arms from dropping?
My deck disconnects and connects with no problems.
Newer 1025's don't have a lock symbol on the deck height knob, and as far as I know nothing has changed in how the deck works. The highest step on the cam is all you get for a resting height of the deck. There is some play between full height travel and where the deck rests on the cam. To get the full height you will have to keep the 3 point all the way up. As soon as you drop the 3 point, the deck will rest on where you have the height knob set at. I think the lock symbol was misleading and probably why it isn't there anymore. Now the highest setting is just labeled "4".

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
highest step on the cam is all you get for a resting height of the deck. There is some play between full height travel and where the deck rests on the cam.
ok, now we're getting somewhere. "LOCK" really doesn't lock anything, it's simply the highest point of lift on the selector cam.

·
Premium Member
14,750 Posts
ok, now we're getting somewhere. "LOCK" really doesn't lock anything, it's simply the highest point of lift on the selector cam.
:bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts