Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was about a foot square of rock showing in the bank. So I took the bucket and curled it down and lowered it. My plan was to drag it out of the bank.

It was loose and started rolling on out of the bank. Only problem was, it kept coming and coming. The little rock turned out to be larger than a wheelbarrow.

Now what? I lowered and levelled the 4 n 1 bucket and it slid right under the rock. I had very little curl, but lifted it about a foot off the ground. Boy was it heavy. I knew I was at or above the limits of my 3032, but the rock couldn't stay there.

I slowly moved to the front of the house, and slowly backed down a slight incline. No way was I going to go forward! LoL
Now the wife has a gigantic quartz rock in her flower garden and she couldn't be happier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Hose that big boy down and get out the rock polish!

·
Registered
487 Posts
At least you got it out and moved!

When I had my 900ft driveway excavated one of the excavators showed me pictures of a rock that they hit when digging a foundation for a cabin in the northwoods.
They kept digging and digging. It kept getting biger and bigger.
It got to the point it was as big as a volkswagon they quit digging.
I asked what they did then.
The answer, Move the cabin:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
At least you got it out and moved!

When I had my 900ft driveway excavated one of the excavators showed me pictures of a rock that they hit when digging a foundation for a cabin in the northwoods.
They kept digging and digging. It kept getting biger and bigger.
It got to the point it was as big as a volkswagon they quit digging.
I asked what they did then.
The answer, Move the cabin:laugh:
In my past life as a contractor we hit many pieces of "Glacial till" much bigger than a VW and when an excavator cannot pick it up you dig a bigger hole nearby and pull it in and cover it or you go find a retired demolition army expert! Which I was lucky enough to have as a friend,, he loved to blow things up! But the hole is cheaper by far!

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
There was about a foot square of rock showing in the bank. So I took the bucket and curled it down and lowered it. My plan was to drag it out of the bank.

It was loose and started rolling on out of the bank. Only problem was, it kept coming and coming. The little rock turned out to be larger than a wheelbarrow.

Now what? I lowered and levelled the 4 n 1 bucket and it slid right under the rock. I had very little curl, but lifted it about a foot off the ground. Boy was it heavy. I knew I was at or above the limits of my 3032, but the rock couldn't stay there.

I slowly moved to the front of the house, and slowly backed down a slight incline. No way was I going to go forward! LoL
Now the wife has a gigantic quartz rock in her flower garden and she couldn't be happier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You must have squatted the front tires just a pinch too!

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts
Dig a bigger hole and push it in, fill hole. That's my solution. I did hear people will actually BUY big rocks.

When a storm took down the old barn at the farm, after a buyer removed the old barn wood (for cheap, easiest to sell all at once), I put up a "FREE ROCKS" sign and people hauled away the foundation rocks for me. It took all summer, but they all disappeared!!!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts