Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Are the decks so different that they couldn't be modified?

Or KennyD... not sure how patents and such work, but maybe you could come up with something for all the other deck models they don't offer?

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
23,044 Posts
Are the decks so different that they couldn't be modified?

Or KennyD... not sure how patents and such work, but maybe you could come up with something for all the other deck models they don't offer?
I am very tempted to try. Have to see what their return policy is however....

·
Registered
23,044 Posts
Thinking a little more on this - I wonder if I could make just a pair of top hangers to work. I don’t really even need the bottom pin for what I want.

Will have to do some measuring to see where they would land on the deck....

8677BCBE-8743-4076-B9ED-0B96C5FFB055.jpeg

6C22DE27-3C8E-4064-BF09-8DEFCC97EA46.jpeg

0F8560D4-FF13-4785-8E75-F57E6687ED22.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
I don't remember when JD quit putting the transport brackets on!:unknown: They are nice. I think I only used them as intended maybe twice! I run straps through them and hook them to my FEL hooks if I have the need.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I don't remember when JD quit putting the transport brackets on!:unknown: They are nice. I think I only used them as intended maybe twice! I run straps through them and hook them to my FEL hooks if I have the need.
That would be nice as well...

·
Administrator
18,288 Posts
I don't remember when JD quit putting the transport brackets on!
About 6 months after they came out with them...
Many popped tires and/or lawyers was what we all speculated at the time.

I'm quite sure if it was feasible to add this to other decks, JD would have or will be doing it. Since I don't have any of these decks here to even look at-it would be impossible to fabricate or prototype something anyway, plus as a small shop my price probably wouldn't be competitive with JD anyway.

·
Registered
23,044 Posts
I just run a strap under the front gauge wheel mounts amd through my bucket hooks - works perfectly for picking it up. Where I have an issue is when I life the deck vertically and set it down on it's rear end, it rests on the flip levers for the rear gauge wheel adjustments. All the weight of the deck is on those levers. I haven't broken them yet but it's only a matter of time.

Thinking more as I type I guess the same thing would happen with the load n go brackets. I still would not be able to set the deck on the ground vertically.

I've tried using a piece of 6x6 in the center of the deck but still isn't enough lift to stop the levers from touching the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts