Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is coming right up, so I bought a new Load–N-Go this week. Installation was simple. I had some trouble hooking up on the deck with alignment on the locking pins, but managed eventually. Should get easier with experience picking reference points. I was surprised to have to drive over the left vertical lock pin when installing the 60D deck. Not crazy about driving over the end of a semi-pointed piece of steel. Love the LNG function. Quick, safe and excellent accessibility to the deck underside. Pricey, but less than restocking my liquor cabinet. Highly recommended (both). (y)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Should get easier with experience picking reference points.. (y)
I painted a JD yellow stripe on the back of the deck. so that I can sight down the ridge on the center of the 1025R hood, aiming at the yellow stripe, and that lines me up with the mower deck.

Of course the mark on the deck disappears from view as I get close to the deck, but as long as the deck will cooperate and not move off center when the front wheels hit it, it works for me.

I'd post a picture but the deck is on the tractor right now, and I have more mowing to do tomorrow. My winter rye forage grass is going wild right now, and the weeds are also sprouting along with the summer coastal bermuda grass, so I need to mow it all short for weed control and to get ready for the coastal bermuda to take over.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nice! I sure wish they made them for the old 54D deck.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Makes servicing the mower soo much easier.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. I felt the financial cringe, but now happy with the purchase. You have to ask yourself if you really want to manhandle that huge deck multiple times per year risking injuries or worse every time vs letting the loader arms effortlessly grab it and position it perfectly to access any place on it for routine maintenance. Just spend the money and forget about it. Life is short. Enjoy it while it lasts. $250 is nothing for what it provides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 1025R with 60D deck was delivered Friday and I ordered the load n go to install. I plan to call the dealer Monday, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to adjust how far up it will raise to adjust the mower height? I raise the arms all the way up, but the selector dial only goes to 2.5 - 3. I can't turn it past 3. When I look at the mechanism underneath, it looks like everything just needs to raise up a bit higher to allow it to turn to the last few notches. Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My 1025R with 60D deck was delivered Friday and I ordered the load n go to install. I plan to call the dealer Monday, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to adjust how far up it will raise to adjust the mower height? I raise the arms all the way up, but the selector dial only goes to 2.5 - 3. I can't turn it past 3. When I look at the mechanism underneath, it looks like everything just needs to raise up a bit higher to allow it to turn to the last few notches. Thanks.
If you haven't already read through this, practically everything you need to know is in it. But since yours is brand new, call the dealer and get someone out to adjust the mower setup for you. Just maybe not the guy who did the initial setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you haven't already read through this, practically everything you need to know is in it. But since yours is brand new, call the dealer and get someone out to adjust the mower setup for you. Just maybe not the guy who did the initial setup.

Thanks. Since it's a 2021 60D deck, it's hard to find specific info. just yet - although I'm sure concept of operations is very similar. We'll get er' going - I may try to tinker with a bit today, but I plan to call the dealer this week. It just won't go up high enough to rotate the cutting depth knob all the way - should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Do read the comprehensive procedure link above. Not only does it provide excellent step by step instructions, but also many very detailed pictures.

The round height adjustment knob on my 1026 also would not rotate 360 degrees. I could see a lack of clearance at the bottom for the largest step on the cam. With the deck all the way down in its install or lowest position, all cam steps should have clearance to be rotated through. There is a link bar behind the stepped cam towards the rear of the tractor that uses two flat iron bars that overlap each other with three large lock bolts to hold the adjustment. Reducing the overall length provides more clearance with the height adjustment cam.

You will read about this in the deck height adjustment procedure link provided previously in this thread. Since your height adjustment knob won't freely rotate 360 degrees with the deck fully lowered, shortening the overlapping link bar adjustment would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do read the comprehensive procedure link above. Not only does it provide excellent step by step instructions, but also many very detailed pictures.

The round height adjustment knob on my 1026 also would not rotate 360 degrees. I could see a lack of clearance at the bottom for the largest step on the cam. With the deck all the way down in its install or lowest position, all cam steps should have clearance to be rotated through. There is a link bar behind the stepped cam towards the rear of the tractor that uses two flat iron bars that overlap each other with three large lock bolts to hold the adjustment. Reducing the overall length provides more clearance with the height adjustment cam.

You will read about this in the deck height adjustment procedure link provided previously in this thread. Since your height adjustment knob won't freely rotate 360 degrees with the deck fully lowered, shortening the overlapping link bar adjustment would be a good place to start.
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts

With the deck all the way down, I can't turn the knob at all. That's what's lead me to believe there's something different with the 2021. In the picture you can see the lever that comes up, into to the cam in the downward position of the deck. Only when the deck is raised can a partially turn the knob, as this lever drops down. So I raised it, set the knob to install then lowered the deck. At this position the knob is locked by the lever.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just learned that your new tractor has a different mower lift system than the often-cursed one in the older 1025R models that most everyone here owns. So the thread I posted earlier may not help you that much. Looks like searching for the 2025R lift system may be more helpful, until enough people buy the current model 1025R and start posting their experiences. You are the point man here.

It would be helpful if you started your own thread about the 1025R and setting up the new mower lift system, so other new owners will will have a place to post. It will be a small support group at first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just learned that your new tractor has a different mower lift system than the often-cursed one in the older 1025R models that most everyone here owns. So the thread I posted earlier may not help you that much. Looks like searching for the 2025R lift system may be more helpful, until enough people buy the current model 1025R and start posting their experiences. You are the point man here.

It would be helpful if you started your own thread about the 1025R and setting up the new mower lift system, so other new owners will will have a place to post. It will be a small support group at first.

View attachment 780723
Thanks for all the help - I'm calling the dealer in the AM. If I can get it explained to me and learn how it works, I'll post it. I will conquer this thing - just don't know how long it will take me to decipher. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seeing your picture, I agree with Clyde. Could you also post the same picture here with the deck all the way up as well as a picture of the slotted link bar further back from the first picture? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,142 Posts
Pics from mine:

New style mounting:

Up and locked:

All the way down/install position:

In order to turn the knob in the install position, the deck needs to be raised first.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts