Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Load Trail dump trailer. So far I have hauled three loads (way overloaded) of heavy clay fill dirt and was impressed with how it handled.
I was originally going after a Lamar because they seem to get better reviews, but ended up with the Load Trail.
Any Load Trail dump trailer owners out there? What is your opinion of these trailers?
4A0F301E-9403-4BFC-95AD-3B7C1C7AE830.jpeg 37947B41-B39A-4C5F-9023-DF590C0C2936.jpeg 89F0A64A-0ACF-4A2D-9B6E-F5E109DAD71E.jpeg 10316FA9-639F-4046-AF79-2FC9E6AB1652.jpeg

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Load Trail makes a great trailer. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
dump trailers are extemely handy....i know mine is getting overloaded when it gets slow on the dump lift......i have a old highly used PJ bumper hitch with a aux boom n winch the previous owner had installed (only pick i have)...i wired up a old solar fence charger that didnt make a spark anymore to keep it charged during storage works great...i run mine a lot behind a tractor to haul creek gravel and brush ...rarely put it on the road..

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dump trailers are extemely handy....i know mine is getting overloaded when it gets slow on the dump lift......i have a old highly used PJ bumper hitch with a aux boom n winch the previous owner had installed (only pick i have)...i wired up a old solar fence charger that didnt make a spark anymore to keep it charged during storage works great...i run mine a lot behind a tractor to haul creek gravel and brush ...rarely put it on the road..
I like the idea of a solar charger. This Load Trail has a built in charger, but it has to be plugged in. I store the trailer far away from an outlet and that is a problem during extended periods of non use. One thing I like about this trailer is the ability to maintain a charge while hooked to my truck.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I like the idea of a solar charger. This Load Trail has a built in charger, but it has to be plugged in. I store the trailer far away from an outlet and that is a problem during extended periods of non use. One thing I like about this trailer is the ability to maintain a charge while hooked to my truck.
mine plugs in to 110v and vehicle to charge also ......but i had a couple of old 12v solar fence chargers that didn't produce spark anymore ..and the parts to fix them was more than a new unit...so i checked and they still were producing the 12v charging voltage...so added a couple of alligator clips and sit it on the tongue facing south and it has kept the battery up the last two winters without having to be parked close to a plugin....very handy...obviously it would work on other equipment if needed....one of those redneck fixes :drinks:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
This is nothing like the heavy duty trailers above, but it is the same vendor. I have a very small older Load Trail tilt trailer that has been perfect for Lawn and Garden tractors over the years...even works well for the wife's Club Car golf cart. I picked it up used for about $300 over ten years ago...really like the way it rides on the torsion suspension.

LoadTrail 50 x 110 tilt.jpg
LoadTrail bed details 2.5 x 1.5 sq tube under mesh.jpg
LoadTrail in load position.jpg

Chuck

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is my 5x10 dump trailer. I love it. Compared to other manufacturers at the time I bought it, it was far and away the better value. Very well built and I am very happy with it. (And no, there was never any water in the tank and the trailer was never overloaded).

20180614_121926.jpg

Reactions: JD-4100 and Jhjesse

·
Registered
491 Posts
Load Trail makes a really nice trailer, and would have been my other choice. I ended up buying a 5x10 Lamar, 6000 GWR single axle, with ramps, mounted spare, 8A charger, and more, and for just a bit less than the Load Trail was with a few less features.

I built the sides out of 5/4 Trex decking material and some scrap pallet lumber that I cut down and painted to match. It comes in very handy.

You can't go wrong with either brand, and I wouldn't be surprised if both brands were built by the same family.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts