Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I could not figure out how to post a new question so I came here. What I need to know is how do you stop the bucket from floating. I want to have the bucket stay where I put it. I like about a 45 degree tilt and then pull the gravel or dirt running the tractor backwards. Right now it is stuck in float and it just slides over the top of the piles leaving all the bumps without doing any leveling. I see in the responses everyone says how to make the bucket float but no one ever said how to turn the floating off and lock the bucket where you want it.

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
Float only affects the loader arms. To take the arms out of float, simply pull back on the loader control lever and it will snap out of the float position. If you've lifted the arms, you have taken it out of float.

If your bucket is curling up when trying to back drag, that is not related to the arms floating.

·
Super Moderator
4,845 Posts
I could not figure out how to post a new question so I came here. What I need to know is how do you stop the bucket from floating. I want to have the bucket stay where I put it. I like about a 45 degree tilt and then pull the gravel or dirt running the tractor backwards. Right now it is stuck in float and it just slides over the top of the piles leaving all the bumps without doing any leveling. I see in the responses everyone says how to make the bucket float but no one ever said how to turn the floating off and lock the bucket where you want it.
Float is not an "on/off" thing. It's a mode. You are either in it or you aren't. To put the loader into float mode you push the SCV lever all the way forward. Any other position is NOT in float mode. So if you are in float and want to leave that mode, you just bump your lever back until it "unclicks".

If you are able to raise/lower your loader or tilt your bucket then you aren't stuck in float

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Regen?

If the bucket is not holding its position curling up when back dragging then what is the issue? Leaky SCV?
I'll take a wild guess that you are moving the control position over into a "regen" or rapid dump. That allows the weight of the bucket to dump it. The only problem is that the back side of the cylinders don't have fluid so the bucket will flop back up.

Try moving the control slightly to dump so it's a much more controlled dump. If that doesn't work, put the bucket on the ground and move to a dump position you want for back dragging. If that doesn't work, you've got an issue in the system somewhere.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John Deere TLB110 Bucket won't hold (curls) when back dragging.

It seems the only position the bucket will hold for back dragging is when the bottom of the bucket is completely vertical. I swear that it sometimes holds when not completely vertical but I do not know how I get it to do it. I thought the levers on the back of the bucket would stop it from curling but they seem to do nothing. Sorry for my ignorance about those levers, but I am a new owner.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
It seems the only position the bucket will hold for back dragging is when the bottom of the bucket is completely vertical. I swear that it sometimes holds when not completely vertical but I do not know how I get it to do it. I thought the levers on the back of the bucket would stop it from curling but they seem to do nothing. Sorry for my ignorance about those levers, but I am a new owner.
You really need to start a new thread, your 110TLB has NOTHING in common with the one this this thread is about.

The levers on the bucket are for removing it so you can attach other implements like a grapple or forks.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You really need to start a new thread, your 110TLB has NOTHING in common with the one this this thread is about.

The levers on the bucket are for removing it so you can attach other implements like a grapple or forks.
I will help you fellas out and make this its own thread. I also gave it a new title worthy of the question. And, I think I put it in a more appropriate section.

To add to the OP's question, I find that some times I have to just bump the bucket in the up direction to get it to hold position after lowering it for back dragging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts