Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Loader Bucket side extensions?

I thought I saw, somewhere, side extensions for a loader bucket to allow more volume in the bucket for landscape mulch and other lighter items. Am I dreaming this up or did I possibly see a different style bucket and thought it was an extension? I've tried to find them, bolt on that is and have had less than zero luck:banghead:. I suspect it may be a liability issue as well so I'll accept that in an answer quickly. Thanks.

· Registered
80 Posts
Bucket expansion

I intend to add a tooth bar unit for some excavation work this summer but for mulch I was thinking of trying to add side extensions to haul more in each load with the consideration that mulch won't strain the load maximum like soil or stone would. Well looks like I'll have to come up with something on my own, or not. Thanks guys.

· Registered
80 Posts
Thanks

Gentlemen, you have provided two great ideas that I had not thought of at this time.

With the Lexan, that can be drilled so would you expect to bolt that to the bucket sides as I envision at this point or would yoiu consider a more flexible, temporary way to affix it to the bucket?

The Aluminum and or expanded metal idea, same thought. My first consideration would be to manufacture the shape I want and then increase the size of the product near double to affix to the bucket and provide increased stability for strength.

Is this the way either of you would think it should be done? Looking for guidance and affirmation or redirection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.