Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1023 with d120 loader and used the loader for the first time today and when I got done using it the loader down lever when pushed will not raise the front tires off of the ground. The curl feature has no problem but the up down motion will not lift the front end. Is this normal? I can't remember if it did or not before I started digging.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Can you tip the bucket forward and then use the loader to lift the tractor off the ground? There's not much room for the bucket to travel lower than the front axle when level. (I hope that makes sense....)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have a 1023 with d120 loader and used the loader for the first time today and when I got done using it the loader down lever when pushed will not raise the front tires off of the ground. The curl feature has no problem but the up down motion will not lift the front end. Is this normal? I can't remember if it did or not before I started digging.
Are the cylinders bottomed out already? Uncurl your bucket until the edge is pointing straight down. Then push the loader down and see if it will lift the tractor. Just make sure that you don't go into float mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea good thinking that is probably what it is. I now remember looking at the cylinders and thinking they were almost all the way in. I will try your suggestions in the morning and hopefully I am just worrying for nothing. Thanks for the quick help.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Can you tip the bucket forward and then use the loader to lift the tractor off the ground? There's not much room for the bucket to travel lower than the front axle when level. (I hope that makes sense....)
Sorry diesel, it looks like we responded at the same time. Didn't mean to copy you! Good thinking btw!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Sorry diesel, it looks like we responded at the same time. Didn't mean to copy you! Good thinking btw!

More the merrier!

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts

No problem! Like Gizmo stated, jump right in anytime. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I bet the terrain has allowed the lift cylinders to fully contract. I have noticed that before as well. Nothing wrong.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Don't forget to take your foot off the brake to allow the rear wheels to move!:thumbup1gif:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
937 Posts
What did you find out?

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is good news! Nothing to worry about then. :good2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts