Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My loader has started falling to the ground while stored. The last 2 times after removing it I found it like this a day or so later. There seems to be hydraulic fluid on the ground leaking from one of the fittings. I think it’s coming from the tip. Can anyone tell me if they have dealt with this? Is the fitting bad or just a tiny piece of dirt maybe obstructing it from closing?
Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
If you remove the loader and set the stand back until the latches latch, it won’t fold like that. It’ll also take off the pressure from the system.

I’d also get the QD replaced. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Most likely there is some dirt or sand in the fitting that is preventing it from closing 100%. People have commented in the past that pressure will build in the lines even when the loader is parked just from the sun baking it during hot days. Between expanding fluid and the weight of the loader, it creates enough pressure to push past the connectors. You can try cleaning or just replace the connector end. Those may not "fix" the problem though. You may have to rig up some sort of stand to take the weight off the loader.

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
It sounds like you are not fully locking the loader onto the parking stand. When fully locked in position there is no tension on the hydraulic cylinders.

When detaching the loader are you raising it until the mast locks snap back down on their own?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like you are not fully locking the loader onto the parking stand. When fully locked in position there is no tension on the hydraulic cylinders.

When detaching the loader are you raising it until the mast locks snap back down on their own?
No. I just raise it enough to get out of it.
Am I supposed to raise( lower the bucket) until the latches fall?

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
No. I just raise it enough to get out of it.
Am I supposed to raise( lower the bucket) until the latches fall?
Well... you don't HAVE to but it is a good way to know that you've raised it enough for the parking stand to be past center and fully supporting the loader's weight. :)

On my 2720 I used to always lower the locks by hand but then read a bunch of reports of how they should snap back down on their own so I've started parking mine that way.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If there’s hydraulic fluid on the ground, you have a leaking coupler, hose, or fitting. I’d first check where the leak is coming from, fix the leak, then textbook park that thing like the manual says. In my experience, once those couplers start to fail, they just get worse. You might get lucky, and be able to clean it up enough to hold its seal, but really the only thing holding pressure in those lines is a small O-ring. Sometimes they will roll out of their seat from a sloppy connection or disconnect, and will get pinched between the walls of the fitting. Once an O-ring is compromised, it’s best to replace it. Those types of couplers have internal o-rings that are almost impossible to get to and unless you have the special tools and schematics on that exact part, your not going to just replace the o-ring and be good to go. Best to replace the coupler. They are expensive. You can take off the hose and take it to your local hose and fittings shop to have it fixed. Otherwise, Amazon. Most of these fittings have small engraved part #’s on them. Make sure you use some thread sealer when putting the new fitting on

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
If there’s hydraulic fluid on the ground, you have a leaking coupler, hose, or fitting. I’d first check where the leak is coming from, fix the leak, then textbook park that thing like the manual says. In my experience, once those couplers start to fail, they just get worse. You might get lucky, and be able to clean it up enough to hold its seal, but really the only thing holding pressure in those lines is a small O-ring. Sometimes they will roll out of their seat from a sloppy connection or disconnect, and will get pinched between the walls of the fitting. Once an O-ring is compromised, it’s best to replace it. Those types of couplers have internal o-rings that are almost impossible to get to and unless you have the special tools and schematics on that exact part, your not going to just replace the o-ring and be good to go. Best to replace the coupler. They are expensive. You can take off the hose and take it to your local hose and fittings shop to have it fixed. Otherwise, Amazon. Most of these fittings have small engraved part #’s on them. Make sure you use some thread sealer when putting the new fitting on
The female quick couplers can leak one of two ways. If they leak when connected it is typically the O-ring which can easily be replaced and costs around $4.00. If they leak when disconnected they are more difficult to repair and it is usually best just to replace them.

A leaky MALE coupler is much more difficult to repair. A new male quick coupler for a 120R loader is only $14.19 from the dealer so it's probably just best to replace it.

Be careful when using thread sealer. Best to use the liquid stuff if you must.

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
Well... you don't HAVE to but it is a good way to know that you've raised it enough for the parking stand to be past center and fully supporting the loader's weight. :)

On my 2720 I used to always lower the locks by hand but then read a bunch of reports of how they should snap back down on their own so I've started parking mine that way.
Exactly the same with me - I never knew that the loader would lock up on the parking stand.

My loader is only off for a matter of a couple hours at a time so never had a leak down issue. But my hydraulic fittings certainly do leak so it would over time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tons of great Feedback. Thank you all.
I have so far connected and disconnected and left the stand in the text book position. I put the ends of my hoses in a bucket and will check tomorrow for any leaking other than residual from the action of connecting and disconnecting the fittings as well as any dropping. I will update the thread for anyone who is curious.
Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Unfortunately you didn't get the stand far enough into the park position. Yes, the latches will flip down when you get the stand fully out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a follow up. I have disconnected and left my loader sit several times and days and the issue is no longer. The fix was as simple as raising till the latches flipped back down.
Thanks everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts