Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Whatever loader you get you need the brackets to go with it. Especially if you plan to remove it at some point. And the brackets need to fit your tractor. It's amazing how different loader brackets are. I have a cousin that has 5-6 series tractors and none of the loader brackets are the same. A 520 might fit it. That's the loader for my 5090 but it was small for that tractor so I got the 540M.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would prefer a 512, but they seem to be hard to find. There must be some older model loaders that could fit?
What loader fits depends on what exact tractor you have as the mounting brackets are specific for a certain vintage and series of tractor. The loader may fit many different tractors but the mounting brackets will be a little different to allow this to happen. New loaders are typically available with mounting brackets for current tractors and tractors made in the last 20-30 years. Older loaders can't be retrofitted with factory parts to newer tractors in most cases as the mounting brackets won't fit.

For example, the mounting brackets for the 512 loader are different between the Tier 3 5E (2008-13) and Tier 4 5E (2014+) as the bolt holes are a little different.

The 2WD 5045E is a Tier 4 machine so you will only be able to use the 512 or 520M loaders unless you fab up your own bracket to use older loaders. Alternatively, you could also use an aftermarket loader like a Westendorf, Woods, etc. if you can't get a Deere loader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.