Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to buy a safety lockout that fits over the cylinder arm for a loader?

Thought about getting some U channel and cutting it down to fit, but surely there is something already out there the correct size?

My H180 lift arm has an exposed cylinder of about 22" x 1.25" at full lift.

Raising the loader is required to get the side panels and front grille off of the 4066R; standing under the loader wouldn't be fun if a hose broke

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
I've never seen anything commercially available. Most of what I have seen was home made from angle iron and zip-tied to the cylinder rod.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
They are standard on commercial/industrial grade machines, but I've never seen them on consumer grade machines or available in the aftermarket. Even at the big Louisville Farm show I saw all the OEM's just using angle iron and zip ties just like JG mentioned.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
They are standard on commercial/industrial grade machines, but I've never seen them on consumer grade machines or available in the aftermarket. Even at the big Louisville Farm show I saw all the OEM's just using angle iron and zip ties just like JG mentioned.
Hmmm... might be a new product opportunity. Ken's Loader Locks. Manufacturing should be a snap requiring only a cut-off saw and filing off the four sharp corners. Available in various lengths to match specific loaders. Your choice of green or orange.

:hide:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Anyone know where to buy a safety lockout that fits over the cylinder arm for a loader?

Thought about getting some U channel and cutting it down to fit, but surely there is something already out there the correct size?

My H180 lift arm has an exposed cylinder of about 22" x 1.25" at full lift.

Raising the loader is required to get the side panels and front grille off of the 4066R; standing under the loader wouldn't be fun if a hose broke
How about removing the loader so it isn’t in the way and isn’t a potential hazard to the person trying to access the panels? It would probably improve access and improve your position for any necessary services as well?

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Just in case someone doesn't know this trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1FT5cWgZ0
retired doc-i used to watch this fella a lot-but now he has taken to talking about if u want to watch and hear my tip for this video-go to my patron video and i will tell u there.

not that i'm against anyone wanting to make more money-but i refuse to pay for that fee. i just won't so i unsubbed him the other week. he has had some very good tips in the yrs i have watched him.:munch:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
retired doc-i used to watch this fella a lot-but now he has taken to talking about if u want to watch and hear my tip for this video-go to my patron video and i will tell u there.

not that i'm against anyone wanting to make more money-but i refuse to pay for that fee. i just won't so i unsubbed him the other week. he has had some very good tips in the yrs i have watched him.:munch:
I just noticed that the other day too, maybe I don't totally understand it but I'm not giving him $25 to watch his videos, too bad really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts