Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Not even sure of the differences yet, as I try and track down manuals for this. Recently picked up a 1987 JD750 with a loader on it.

The "70" emblems on the arms appear original, with no repaint, however the SN is M00070"A"11000##. I'm painfully familiar with the mix and match that can occur as production runs phase over.

Anyone know of any distinctive features between the two while I hunt down literature? I thought the 70A was made to fit the 850 series (not a new and improved 70 to fit the 750).

Thanks in advance,

MB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I have found a pdf'd page out of one of the manuals that I have yet to get my hands on which lists only the 70 on a 750, and notes the 70 or 70A on an 855 with only one set of specifications listed for both...and then lists only the 70A on a 955.

I gotta believe that mine is a 70 for now, just curious about the "A" in the sn... and the relatively low 11000## number which appears to put it pretty close to the 1100000 cut off-

MB

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
MB,
:wgtt:

Sorry I missed your first post, I don't really know the answer to your question but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MB,
:wgtt:

Sorry I missed your first post, I don't really know the answer to your question but wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Don't be sorry, lol... I'm the one that jumped in with both feet and bypassed the "welcome to the forum/new guy" threads...

In any event, it's sounding like a 70A would be physically too big for my 750 (though the literature I do have notes a 70 loader with a 48in bucket on a 750, and my 70 has a 60in... too much to assume it's original, anyway, at this point)

MB

·
Registered
458 Posts
A friend of mine had a JD 750 and his front loader was not the same as the ones used on the 55 series. His controls for the movement was on the right side closer to the loader itself and not like the controls used on the 55 series which is on the right side next to the seat. I don't know if his was readily removeable like the 55 series are. Maybe thats the difference in the "A" and non "A" models?

Bob

ps welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
The 70 and 70A are the same frame but the 70A has larger diameter cylinders with a sub option to have larger cylinder rods with heavy duty ram packings. I hava a 70A on a 955. I hope this helps. Allen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 70 and 70A are the same frame but the 70A has larger diameter cylinders with a sub option to have larger cylinder rods with heavy duty ram packings. I hava a 70A on a 955. I hope this helps. Allen.

It does, Allen, thank you.

It sounds as if the "A" in the SN on the frame makes sense with the 70 badging, and likely only means that frame is dressed out with the smaller hydraulics. The only literature I have shows the 70 on a 750 with a 4ft bucket (which would be fine with ag tires). Mine has the 5ft bucket listed for the 70A on a 955, but I'm guessing this was done to cover the wider turf tires on my 750.

Thanks again for the insight-

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts