Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at adding a loader to my JD 445. The original 40 loader is hard to find so looking at aftermarket by Little Buck Loader. I was concerned about the extra strain added to the transmission and found the following instructions elsewhere on this forum:

MPORTANT: The 40 loader is shipped complete
with a hydrostatic pressure relief valve which
must be installed in place of the tractor
transaxle forward control valve. The relief valve
limits the peak hydrostatic pressures in the
transaxle. This protects the transaxle from
unnecessary stress for longer life. Operation of
a front end loader on a tractor without the
transaxle hydrostatic pressure relief valve will
void the tractor warranty. If a 40 loader is taken
off one tractor and used on another, or another
brand of loader is used, it is important that the
loader tractor be equipped with the transaxle
relief valve.

So, the original 40 loader needs a pressure relief valve per the manufacturer. On the Little Buck Loader site, they state:
Do I need to know anything specific if I’m ordering for JD X models?
Yes, two things: 1) We recommend replacing the pressure relief valve if you tend to drive your tractor hard. If the wheels are not spinning and the engine is wide open, fully engaged in forward, the transmission can be damaged. If you are careful, you will not need the valve.
I asked about the 4x5 series and got the following answer:
We have never heard of a JD 445 owner replacing the relief valve. It is an interesting question since the 445 trans is the predecessor of the x7 series. Since the bulletin never came out for the 445, we assume that it is not necessary.
So, I am at a loss. I would find a 40 relief valve and install it regardless of the loader I purchased and not worry about it. However, those seem hard to find too!

Anyone with a loader and their stock relief valve? Any problems? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
AM121248 is the Part You need But it has Been superseded BY this Part Number MIA884863 which is almost $300 More then AM121248 also need to order M146148 free-wheeling valve control lever
Product Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Nut

It's the same Price at Both Green Parts & Green Farm Parts(y)

Reactions: cpy911

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
See post 45 in this thread in this forum Finally got a 40 Loader, but it's a process I think You Might be able to order a Newer Valve But Part Number That was Originally for a X400 series I think it will work on your 445 with Loader BW15043 Because BW15043 was superseded by the Older AM121248 later In the X700 series and since it superseded BW15043 and MIA884863 Supersedes AM121248 you should be able to use BW15043 In your 445 John Deere Transaxle Hydrostatic Relief Valve - BW15043 so away to save some Money on the Valve (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting and kind of mind boggling. So BW15043 should thread right in and help reduce peak pressures? I figure it would not INCREASE peak pressures from the stock one!

See post 45 in this thread in this forum Finally got a 40 Loader, but it's a process I think You Might be able to order a Newer Valve But Part Number That was Originally for a X400 series I think it will work on your 445 with Loader BW15043 Because BW15043 was superseded by the Older AM121248 later In the X700 series and since it superseded BW15043 and MIA884863 Supersedes AM121248 you should be able to use BW15043 In your 445 John Deere Transaxle Hydrostatic Relief Valve - BW15043 so away to save some Money on the Valve (y)

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Interesting and kind of mind boggling. So BW15043 should thread right in and help reduce peak pressures? I figure it would not INCREASE peak pressures from the stock one!
For some reason using a Loader You need a new Valve the that stock valve is not strong enough to protect the Transmission from Pressure peaks associated with loader work. I have seen a split Case On a X728 sometime In the mid 2000's In someone that failed to Replace the Valve when using a Loader. Deere did not pay for the new case the owner had to pay while tractor was under warranty They Voided that Portion of the warranty for that Instance. after it was replaced & correct Valve put In warranty was restored for transmission. Have also seen a split Case On a X575 do to over shimming. My Younger Brother is a service Manager for a Deere dealer so it does Happen Besides engine the Transmission is the Most expensive Part of the Tractor About $4,000 Plus for a new Transmission Not something I would want to pay for (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts