Green Tractor Talk banner

Loader mount snowplow size

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  PJR832 
#1 ·
Ok guys thinking of maybe pulling the trigger on a frontier loader mount snow plow, how big can I handle woth my 2038r? I have rear wheel weights
My x738 54 In works great in fluffy snow but this yr all we have gotten is wetter deeper snows and I’m destroying my cutting edge on my bucket plus using a bucket is messier than a blade
Or is there another brand that a Deere dealer sells
Thanks

#3 ·
Agree on the 72". IMO, it is a great all-around blade size for a MCUT.

Deere sells the Frontier AF10 and AF11 blades but your dealer may also have access to some other brands like HLA.

If you want to go outside of Deere and buy direct, lots of peeps seem to like the CTAttachments blades.

Reactions: JD4044M and PJR832
#4 ·
Ct' s largest plow appears to be 66" while they make a snow pusher in the 72" size.

Personally, I would rather have a plow and I wouldn't own a plow without the hydraulic angling features. That's an absolute necessity for plowing efficiency in my opinion.

Snow pushers are good for some uses, but when you have a lot of snow, you spend a lot of time pushing it off to the side instead of just angling the snow plow blade and moving forward.

Regardless, of size, I would strongly recommend the rubber cutting edge, regardless of the driveway surface. With the rubber plow edge, you can push onto the lawn and if you are reasonably careful you won't destroy the sod. With the steel cutting edge, you almost certainly will.......

Reactions: jdmich and JD4044M
#5 ·
90% of my Snow Plowing is done with a Rear 8 ft wide blade. The pusher Blade is used to stack snow and move big rows from the rear blade plowing it over. Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Vehicle Transport
Snow Winter Sky Freezing Road
I blade it to one side near the fence if it builds up I use the pusher to push it across the street or move it to behind where the tractor is parked in one picture. If the snow is super deep I break thru with the pusher blade and start a clearing to plow with the rear blade which is the fastest way to clear large areas of snow clean to frozen ground. Snow Winter Tree Freezing Geological phenomenon

#7 ·
#8 ·
Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt
#10 ·
I believe that the largest that Deere recommends for your tractor is a 60".

Reactions: BigJim55
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.