Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This attachment is not something that most people would use, as a matter of fact I would be surprised if any of you would have a need for it. But some of you may want to build an attachment that mounts to the John Deere Quick Attach of your Loader and may find what I did useful.

I have a small Vineyard and when we harvest I bring in a crew of 20-30 pickers. We provide them water when they pick via a 5 gallon water cooler. Last year during harvest they tied the cooler to the loader so it would always be with the tractor. I decided that I would make a mount for it to make thing a little easier for them

I built this out of scrap that I had laying around and a water cooler mount that I got for $20 from Northern Tool.

Wood Floor Flooring Composite material Plank

Here it is painted and attached to the Tractor, I did not have a cooler handy but you can see where it straps in.

Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

To remove it I just pull the pin the same as removing the bucket and it lifts off.

Anyway I thought I would share it with you, in case someone is thinking of building an attachment that mounts on the loader quick attach.

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Fabulous idea!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
How much water do you drink? 😂. I read the title then looked at the pictures. Now I read the whole thing.

Reactions: rtgt and Mackford13

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
You need a cup dispenser on the other side! :ROFLMAO: :cool:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Very ingenious. Nice work. 👍

Reactions: driveshaft and rtgt

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’m no expert here and I know that much water won’t weigh all that much but could you run the risk of twisting or stressing the timing bar by having all of the weight on only one loader arm/cylinder?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
put a sink/eyewash station on the other side

porta potty on the 3 point.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Nice work on the fabrication. It looks like this could also be used to carry an upright air compressor to a worksite.

Keane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts