Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys been toying with buying a loader mounted snow plow for years but am scared of springing the loader frame
What do you guys think?is it a possibility or jut a fear

·
Premium Member
13,835 Posts
Ok guys been toying with buying a loader mounted snow plow for years but am scared of springing the loader frame
What do you guys think?is it a possibility or jut a fear
Just a fear IMO, I use one, you just have to use your judgment. Make sure the the plow has trip mechanism and that it is functioning properly and you won’t have any problems

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I should take a picture of my Snow Pushers dent in the center of the cutting edge I did one day plowing at another's place. I know my driveways and roads on my place. It was others who don't plow there snow and do not take care of the surfaces so they can be plowed in the winter. I won't plow them out anymore because of the damage there roads do to my tractor. A blade trip is necessary for the un/knowns that pop up to tear up a good blade and tractor loader with. When this happen I was almost thrown over the wheel and it bounced the tractor pretty good! I was only plowing at about 2-3- MPH but stopping it dead has to damage something and glad it was the blade not my tractor!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! So he loader didn't spring? It is so much cheaper to go that route and still have loader available instead of the 366 front hitch type

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Been using one for years on my 790 with no issues. Like other said use your head and make sure it has trip capabilities.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts