Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had problems with the flimsy stabilizer bar not keeping the quick attach at the same angle?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I am assuming you mean when the bucket is removed? I did have it off once and yes it didn't hold alignment like I thought it should. How do you purpose to fix it? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Mine are always very close if not spot on. How far do your get out of whack?:empathy3:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've heard that can happen if one of the bolts/pins shears off....they will sometime stay in place so it appears to be "OK"...but in reality isnt working.

Dunno what loader you have, but heres the illustration for the 400x...The pins I'm referring to are #11

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
I have sheared a few of the pins (#11 diagram posted by Dave), it's very easy to do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard that can happen if one of the bolts/pins shears off....they will sometime stay in place so it appears to be "OK"...but in reality isnt working.

Dunno what loader you have, but heres the illustration for the 400x...The pins I'm referring to are #11
Yes #11. My arms are off a foot.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I just checked mine and the most I could move them out of balance is about 3/8th of an inch. You sheered a pin!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked mine and the most I could move them out of balance is about 3/8th of an inch. You sheered a pin!
Yea it keeps sheering pins. I have skidsteer adapter on mine. I've thought about welding a bar across to keep them in check?? Any suggestions would be accepted.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Yea it keeps sheering pins. I have skidsteer adapter on mine. I've thought about welding a bar across to keep them in check?? Any suggestions would be accepted.
Welding is a bad idea I think. You could try putting some grade-5 1/4" bolts in there maybe, You want some protection.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I agree with Kenny! Don't weld them. Seems to me that you have some other problem that welding a bar on would only mask until it breaks.

What side moves first right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with Kenny! Don't weld them. Seems to me that you have some other problem that welding a bar on would only mask until it breaks.

What side moves first right now.
Left side moves first. It cracks the bolt housing also. All others have a big bar welded across them. It has too much torque for that little bar/bolt setup.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Seems odd since the right side in theory should get oil first. Kenny knows Hydraulics very well, and I am going to have to guess that he is going to tell you that you have a problem with a joint or a cylinder on the right side. The side that is "free" or easiest to move is so the problem must be on the other side. They should both move even without the bar.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Seems odd since the right side in theory should get oil first. Kenny knows Hydraulics very well, and I am going to have to guess that he is going to tell you that you have a problem with a joint or a cylinder on the right side. The side that is "free" or easiest to move is so the problem must be on the other side. They should both move even without the bar.
Could be a weak cylinder, but I don't want to go there just yet.

Sam, can you post some detailed pictures? I am not intimately familiar with the SSQA like I am the JDQA and they would help me a lot. I have not heard of this being a problem...and when you say something is cracking there has got to be another reason.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could be a weak cylinder, but I don't want to go there just yet.

Sam, can you post some detailed pictures? I am not intimately familiar with the SSQA like I am the JDQA and they would help me a lot. I have not heard of this being a problem...and when you say something is cracking there has got to be another reason.

Yes I will post some pics asap

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes I will post some pics asap
I have not snapped one on my 400x loader.

On my 5525 I can snap one on command with installing my hay grapple. Why is that? Akward item to get on the loader.

Heavier the attachment can be harder on the loader especially before it is hooked up on both sides.

Tractor supply sells a box of pins made byspeedco.

D.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've got the SSQA on my 300cx...Just checked JDParts.com and the kit for the 300cx and 400x/cx are one and the same (Whole Goods Bundle BW15244)...never snapped mine once yet.
If you were to put too much force on one side vs the other when trying to get an attachment which is not level, I can see how it would snap one...but it would be purely accidental. Not all the time like you mention....
I'm guessing you have something else going on..probably in one of the curl cylinders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts