Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too cheap to justify buying a backhoe. Does a loader mounted trenching or digging shovel exist? Yunno, to dig small semi shallow trenches or dig out bushes etc... seems like it would be a very useful tool...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Do you mean something like this? Looks like it's a SSQA and would only work on heavier machines though.

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
why not just get an SSQA mount and a backhoe for a skid-steer?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
why not just get an SSQA mount and a backhoe for a skid-steer?

Skid steer backhoe attachments are expensive, too heavy for most SCUTs and CUTs to lift, SSQA mounts aren't available for the small tractors and they don't have the hydraulic flow to run them.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You just put the forks together...
Here is another option: Quick Spade - Fork Mounted Digging Spade Attachment - The Weeders Digest

Here is thread where this subject was discussed at length: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/63226-forks-questions.html
That's what I'm looking for!! Never would have searched for "spade" however... I've put my forks together before to dig out bushes but then the Ole noggin got rolling and I wondered if one was available for shallow trenches, thanks!

As for buying a backhoe attachment or something similar, I don't have need for one nor do I want to buy/maintain one.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I would caution people about using one of those fork spades in anything other than soft soils. You are bending the fork right at its weakest spot.

We're almost done with a new add-on shovel attachment. It should just be a few more weeks! You can use it for planting, trenching, excavating, hauling/placing small to mid-size boulders, grading, rooting, growth scouring, etc. You can even flip it upside down and do those things in reverse.

artillian_frk_pltg_shvl_on_30-jd-up.jpg

artillian_frk_pltg_shvl_on_30-jd-down.jpg

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
"ARTILLIAN - Inventing new ways to spend money on your tractor!" :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce: :usa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, Chris - I'm glad you posted this! I was super close to pulling the trigger on one of those Paumco Spades. Any idea on price yet?

Any break on shipping when I order that, a new backrest and pre-order the receiver hitch that's supposed to retrofit into my frame? :laugh:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
"ARTILLIAN - Inventing new ways to spend money on your tractor!" :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce: :usa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, Chris - I'm glad you posted this! I was super close to pulling the trigger on one of those Paumco Spades. Any idea on price yet?

Any break on shipping when I order that, a new backrest and pre-order the receiver hitch that's supposed to retrofit into my frame? :laugh:
We'll have pricing/availability soon, not quite yet. Still some loose ends on cost. It will be similar to the other frame attachments, maybe a little more due to the amount and the grade of steel in these.

We have the retrofit hitch receiver in the welding queue. Those will be done almost anytime now.

Shipping these things is going to be pretty linear. They can't be combined up very well. Sort of a hodge podge of items from the island of misfit toys. :laugh: As always, we'll do our best.

Thx

(Sorry to the OP for the interruption. I'll be posting this new item in the Artillian section soon for further questions)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Artillian, not a problem at all!! Will your "digger" work with other fork backers? I didn't know about you guys when I bought my forks...

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts