Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to use 120 loader without taking off my quick hitch mount for my 47" snow thrower?
I almost can get it on but the kickstand wont fold up without hitting the snow thrower mount.

I am sure there has been talk about it and bending the kickstand. Just looking for a bit of guidance as I am a newbie here. :hi:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Is there any way to use 120 loader without taking off my quick hitch mount for my 47" snow thrower?
I almost can get it on but the kickstand wont fold up without hitting the snow thrower mount.

I am sure there has been talk about it and bending the kickstand. Just looking for a bit of guidance as I am a newbie here. :hi:
You can, but you run the risk of breaking you 120 kick stand. Not worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, thought I would try. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Thanks, thought I would try. :unknown:
It is a bit disappointing. When you see just how close it is to working you realize JD could have easily made the two pieces to coexist.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a bit disappointing. When you see just how close it is to working you realize JD could have easily made the two pieces to coexist.
Fully agree. When they delivered my tractor last Feb it had the loader on it. I used it to clean up what the snow plow made a mess doing. The next day I put the blower on, which was relatively easy. But soon after that I wanted the bucket back on to do some work. Thought it would be an easy switch, taking off the blower and quick hitch mount. NO that would be to easy! Your right Jgayman, John Deere could of improved on that piece a bit more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone tried a modification to the stand to allow it?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Switching between loader and snow attachment is the reason for this:

54 Plow Products

If it weren't for the PTO shaft, one could run the blower on it instead of the plow but the plow works great for low money. It is possible to convert the blower to hydraulic drive, for someone with deep pockets and lots of time to tinker, though it's arguable that subcompacts wouldn't have enough fluid power/flow to bother.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
^^^^^thanks kennyd ^^^^^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts