Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I might find these for my loader? I'm hoping to protect the paint for as long as I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
looks like a rubber pipe joiner without the hose clamps.:unknown:

Reactions: Levi and JimR

·
Registered
452 Posts
looks like a rubber pipe joiner without the hose clamps.:unknown:
Sure does. Known as a Fernco coupling...found in the plumbing section at your local Lowes/Home Depot/Menards.

·
Super Moderator
5,198 Posts
Yep! Looks like they took a couple of rubber pipe couplings, slit them length-wise, slipped them over the loader stand and then used tie-wraps to hold them in place. Pretty simple mod. You'd just have to figure out the diameter of the stand tubing.

Reactions: johnH123 and Levi

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's what they are. Bought mine at Menards. I used the clamps that came with them. Wasn't worried about scratching my old concrete, just wanted to protect the support arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish there was a way to slip heat shrink tubing over it or a cold shrink from a high voltage kit.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Evidently there are feet for the loader stand that are factory parts. Someone asked about them in a thread posted here a while back, but it went nowhere - only one response and no part information.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/4326-h120-loader-stand-feet.html

Anyone have either pictures or part numbers?
There have been a few generations of stands for the H120 loader, one of which had the little feet. I do not believe they are compatible with later parking stands, but I could be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
5,198 Posts
Evidently there are feet for the loader stand that are factory parts. Someone asked about them in a thread posted here a while back, but it went nowhere - only one response and no part information.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/4326-h120-loader-stand-feet.html

Anyone have either pictures or part numbers?

If they exist, teh people at JDParts don't know about it. No feet are listed for the H120, 200X or 200CX loader stands.

Since only a few machines have been spotted with these, I wonder of they are something that is used to protect the stand during shipping and is meant to be thrown away during the unpacking process that the dealers are just leaving on... I'll have to look in the crates the next time I'm up at the local dealer's lot.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
If they exist, teh people at JDParts don't know about it. No feet are listed for the H120, 200X or 200CX loader stands.

Since only a few machines have been spotted with these, I wonder of they are something that is used to protect the stand during shipping and is meant to be thrown away during the unpacking process that the dealers are just leaving on... I'll have to look in the crates the next time I'm up at the local dealer's lot.
They are not, I assure you. They were used only on V2 of the loader stand. That lived a very short life. The P/N disappeared as fast as the V2 loader stand did.

I always thought a roller would have been better anyway. Why not come up with a good simple design and have the stand roll out from under the tractor instead of scraping and groaning its way out? :good2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
They are not, I assure you. They were used only on V2 of the loader stand. That lived a very short life. The P/N disappeared as fast as the V2 loader stand did.

I always thought a roller would have been better anyway. Why not come up with a good simple design and have the stand roll out from under the tractor instead of scraping and groaning its way out? :good2:
Wheels or rollers would be a great idea!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wish there was a way to slip heat shrink tubing over it or a cold shrink from a high voltage kit.
As from a miner cable splice kit...never thought about that. I have to do some digging around...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There have been a few generations of stands for the H120 loader, one of which had the little feet. I do not believe they are compatible with later parking stands, but I could be wrong.
Here's what I managed to find when I went out looking for something to protect my loader stand. However, what I learned was that this was a 'one-time-thing' for only a single version of the loader stand -and is not otherwise compatible with current loader stand designs. I wanna say that I saw a JD part number somewhere -and despite the fact that I like this solution a lot, I abandoned this when I learned that it wasn't compatible with my loader stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
The pip couplings are a nice simple way to prevent paint damage. I masked off the area that makes contact with the floor and coated it with ceramic wear compound from Locktite. Works good but it was a lot of work.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pipe couplings are a nice simple way to prevent paint damage.
Yup! Here's my 'overkill' solution (that thar green paint is expensive)!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts