Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine called this afternoon talking about ordering a new 35 or 3720 tractor. He asked me about the loaders and the stuff to purchase. After looking a bit, I see the 300CX is a bit more robust than the 300x, correct? Then he asked if he should pay for skid skeer quick attach or use the standard john deere has. At that point it was a toss up. Seems to me, these compacts should be fine with what they come standard with? He is a homeowner and not commercial.

·
Administrator
17,059 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Same here, but I wish I had some skid steer attachments, so I can test it out.

·
Administrator
17,059 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Well, the 300cx is the better loader-hands down. That we won't debate. But, OTOH, the JDQA vs. SSQA debate can go on forever!

Here is a recent thread that hashed it out pretty well: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/compacts/72-lets-discuss-jd-quick-attach-skid-steer.html

It is well known that I am a fan of the JDQA for CUT's.
I'm a fan of the SSQA for my 400cx. :hornets:The Worksite Pro pallet forks were $400.00 cheaper than the AG JDQA forks. The bale spear was a similar savings but, I don't recal the exact number.
I think the SSQA is good as long as you don't have any misconceptions about what you can stick on the end of your tractor. For most attachments, you will have to stick with SS attachments that were made for a CUT, not a skid steer. Grapples are a great example. A typical grapple for a skid steer would be 1000lbs!!!!.
That said, there are allot of goodies like blades, booms, rock buckets and the like that could be bought or rented.
I think it's as good as attachment system to standardize on as any. From a functional standpoint, I like being able to flip the levers from one side of the tractor to attach/detach implements.
I think that it might be MORE of a hassle to find light enough SSQA attachments for a 300cx. I think the 400cx and up is a better fit.
Then consider you will have to pay $500.00 for the option.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
The 300CX is far superior to the 300X, no doubt. When I bought my 3120 I went looking for a 3320 or 3520 with 300CX, but they had a 3120 demo with the 300X that was FAR less than anything else with the same warranty. The price was just way to good to pass up, but I always wished I'd went for the extra with at least a CX.

Using both the JDQA and SSQA, I can say that each have their benefits.

The full 'loop' on the JDQA is A LOT easier to hook up attachments vs the little piece of sheet medal on the SSQA. You can be on uneven ground and it just encloses the pin nicely. On the SSQA, there is much less forgiveness, so they are harder to get aligned.

The SSQA is a lot easier to latch (two levers) than the JDQA which is a couple of pins. I can latch the SSQA 4 times faster and without having to go to each side of the loader.

For the smaller tractors, I'd much prefer the JDQA as it is much lighter and a lot less too it. Though for tractors like my 110, the ability to go rent some attachments is very nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts