Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I am looking for ideas on how to move my loader around on wheels/dollies so I can gain a lot more space back in my shed. I was hoping someone had accomplished this feat and is willing to share their experience.I was hoping someone had bought some car dollies and placed them on the loader to make it portable off of the tractor - any ideas will be appreciated

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
None hear, my loader stay put when I take it off.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
NU,
My father has a smaller loader for his 2320 and he is insistent that everything he has be on rollers. He has a smaller barn (24 x 30) and stuff in his rzr, 2 cars, and his tractor along with normal other stuff.

He purchased these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html

They have a V instead of being round and it works perfectly for him. I watched him move it around last weekend without issue. He has 4 of them under the loader. 2 under the bucket and one under each rear arm.

I have never seen him take it off or put it on, but i imagine you would have to be a bit more careful.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I have often pondered this idea as well. I guess it just hasn't become a priority yet. I am curious with how it will effect connecting and removal. Please keep us up to date on this, I am interested how it works out for you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NU,
My father has a smaller loader for his 2320 and he is insistent that everything he has be on rollers. He has a smaller barn (24 x 30) and stuff in his rzr, 2 cars, and his tractor along with normal other stuff.

He purchased these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html

They have a V instead of being round and it works perfectly for him. I watched him move it around last weekend without issue. He has 4 of them under the loader. 2 under the bucket and one under each rear arm.

I have never seen him take it off or put it on, but i imagine you would have to be a bit more careful.

Wow, these look very promising i would imagine that one has two options of using them:

installing the loader on the tractor then setting it up on these and uninstalling it.

Or just use a winch to put the loader on these. I am highly interested in exploring these as an option as it would potentially give me a lot of space back in my shed - Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have often pondered this idea as well. I guess it just hasn't become a priority yet. I am curious with how it will effect connecting and removal. Please keep us up to date on this, I am interested how it works out for you.
ok, will do.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I asked my father and he said he removes the loader on to these. He said he puts the front ones on a piece of carpet so they do not slide and takes the loader off very, very, very slow so he does not get hurt. His loader is lighter than yours, so please be careful!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked my father and he said he removes the loader on to these. He said he puts the front ones on a piece of carpet so they do not slide and takes the loader off very, very, very slow so he does not get hurt. His loader is lighter than yours, so please be careful!
Brian, thanks for the info. I am seriously considering getting a pair of these and trying it out

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He uses 4 of them. 2 under the loader and one under each rear arm.
Brian; Me too. I may go for some sort of platform, like someone showed on another forum. First I am gonna try to lift the loader carefully with a winch to get it top of these units. If that does not work, its back on the tractor and then attempt to set them down on the dollies.

I would imagine your Dad sets the loader down on the bucket side first, then slowly sets the rest of the unit on the other? Or?

I am really hoping that I can get the dollies under the loader:unknown: without having to put it back on the tractor. I just wondering how I can lift it without putting it back on the tractor.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Yeah, he puts the bucket on first, but then he goes all backwards to what I would think. He uses the normal stand (the part that hooks to the front wieght bar) to lift the rest off the tractor. Then he backs the tractor away as far as he can with the hoses and curls up the loader. He does this to save space. As the loader curls back up, the rear mast arms get put on the dollies. He does not use his often and it sits behind his little sports car, so he wants it as small as possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
300CX Loader Storage

Nuru
I just use four moving dollies from Harbor Freight. My garage space is limited so I need to move items around occasionally. This works for me. The boys used their camera and software to create a little video on the loader storage.

Tony

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
THAT IS PRETTY COOL! Thanks for the video Tony.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Randy! The boys had fun creating the video and its way cool the forum allows us to insert videos - it was a breeze getting the video into my post.

A bikini clad model would have been more appealing getting the loader onto the dollies but we could not locate one on such short notice.

Turn the speakers up - I like the music too.

Got the plow on JIT as we are expecting some snow this weekend.

Tony

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
A bikini clad model would have been more appealing getting the loader onto the dollies but we could not locate one on such short notice.
Something like that might distract to much.

Got the plow on JIT as we are expecting some snow this weekend.
Yeah same here, they're still trying to peg the amount.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Great intro and music! Thanks for the video. I disagree with Randy, HOT Girls in Bikinis would have helped:good2:

Thanks for posting it.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Nice work on the video!! The editing is just as good, maybe better, than the videos that Deere puts out!! Your voice and presentation is just as good as any JD guy too. Well done.

I heard that JD has hired Slap-Chop Vince for this upcoming year......

Hope to see more videos from you all soon.

-Jer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Great Video! and you know, I am now thinking of making some mods to my new set-up. Ok, here is my solution. I used a small floor jack to slightly raise the loader off the ground on each end so I could get the vehicle dollies underneath the unit.The dollies are also form Harbor Freight. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Nuru, looks like you have workable solution there. :good2: That plastic on the floor could be a PIA though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I am thinking about getting rid of it finally. i have had it on the floor of the shed since the day I got it. I bought the tarp to protect the floor against spills - had none, so I am thinking that I may finally get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts