Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1025r
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new trailer so thought I would practice loading the tractor. Learned a few things like using the tilt feature and moving the tie downs to the right spot. First pic is non tilt
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Is the 3 point fully lifted in first picture?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice 👍

·
Registered
2019 1025r
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is all the way up

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is one sweet trailer, always check your hitch to truck, when loading my old tractors I always block the trailer tires, you just can't be too safe when loading a tractor on a trailer regardless of it's size. I have had and seen too many trailer loading accidents while attending auctions and shows. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
Keep in mind that Deere recommends (in the owners manual) that the tractor be loaded facing the rear.

If you load it facing forward you should carefully strap down the hood to keep it from blowing open.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
What make trailer is that? Looks Awesome!!

Reactions: toddsworth3

·
Premium Member
12,669 Posts
Nice ramp gate for loading, which is built to carry the tractor's weight. That's a good design with the ramp gate folding in half and the loading angle being lower because the trailer deck isn't over the tires and wheels. I like Aluminum Trailers for a number of reasons.......What size is that trailer, 6.5' x 12' or maybe 7'x14'?...

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Just curious, in the States what gross trailer weight do you require brakes at? In Canada anything over 2990 lbs requires brakes
It may vary by state, but generally it is 3500# gross. That would normally be a single axle trailer. Generally the lowest tandem axle GVWR is 7000#, which would have two of those 3500# axles and would require brakes. Some of the older tandem trailers did not have brakes, so you have to be careful if shopping for an older used small tandem trailer. In my state of Kansas, trailers with a gross actual weight of less than 2000# do not require a license, but it is that same 3500# trailer and people forget that by the time you get it loaded, it exceeds that 2000# limit. Very few of them running down the road are actually legal.

Dave

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
44 Posts
It may vary by state, but generally it is 3500# gross. That would normally be a single axle trailer. Generally the lowest tandem axle GVWR is 7000#, which would have two of those 3500# axles and would require brakes. Some of the older tandem trailers did not have brakes, so you have to be careful if shopping for an older used small tandem trailer. In my state of Kansas, trailers with a gross actual weight of less than 2000# do not require a license, but it is that same 3500# trailer and people forget that by the time you get it loaded, it exceeds that 2000# limit. Very few of them running down the road are actually legal.

Dave
Thanks for answering. Looks like you guys are similar to Canada. I personally wouldn’t get a single axle trailer for moving a 1 series tractor. Just way to close to maximum capacity of a single axle

·
Registered
2019 1025r
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Thanks for answering. Looks like you guys are similar to Canada. I personally wouldn’t get a single axle trailer for moving a 1 series tractor. Just way to close to maximum capacity of a single axle
When I first got my 1025R, I only had a 5x10 single axle trailer. I hauled it once before I bought a 20ft trailer "with brakes". It did not take me long to figure out that it was too expensive to short change on the trailer. It was better to protect my tractor investment. Then I bought my 4066R, which required me to upgrade to a 3/4 ton pickup and a 31ft goosneck tandem dually with a GCWR of 29,800#. (13,500 kg)

·
Registered
2019 1025r
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts