Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2025R tractor is at the dealership and the loader is at my house, and I need to get the loader to them. The loader doesn’t have a bucket on it.
The ideal thing would be to put it into the back of my truck (6’6” box). If I can’t accomplish that, I can use my car hauler but I’d prefer not to.
I have my 3320 with 42” forks or a 49” or 72” bucket that I can use to hoist the loader.

Does anyone have thoughts how to lift the loader with forks or another method for loading into a truck or flat deck?

Thanks in advance for ideas of how to do this.

I promise to post photos once accomplished :mocking:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
How about a sling?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, exactly what I was thinking.
I’m not sure how to rig one that won’t bend anything, and also keep it somewhat level front to back and side to side.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
Use a 2x4's as a spreader bar.

Cut one the inside length of the loader frame.

Cut the other one the outside length.

Put a couple screws in them and set it on top of the frame where the strap is going around.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yes, exactly what I was thinking.
I’m not sure how to rig one that won’t bend anything, and also keep it somewhat level front to back and side to side.
It's going to be an awkward load so I doubt you can get forks on under it and be able to slide it into the truck bed without any drama. I would use the forks to mount some chains/rope to form your harness. I would probably hook it up on the loader arms and then cross bar down where the bucket attaches to the loader and then see if you can lift it high enough to get in the bed of your truck.

It may make things easier at the dealer if you use your trailer and set the loader so that they can use your tractor to hook up to it and move it while mounted on the tractor. Maybe they can come get it with their trailer or will they charge?

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
For back to back level you'll have to find the sweet spot.

I would just lift it and then back the truck under it rather than try and move it swinging.

·
Super Moderator
4,974 Posts
Or just use the sling to get it on to a pallet and then use your pallet forks to load the whole thing into the truck.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent thoughts everyone, and appreciated.

I’ll place the forks over the loader and build a sling.

I think to one of the points, by starting over top, I won’t be able to lift it into the box, so will put it on the trailer and use the tractor there to unload it.

Would they come and pick it up, I doubt it, but maybe.
I’m being somewhat lazy by not going there to get the tractor, coming back, connecting and going back. That will take +2 hours...hope I can put together a sling and not wreck anything in 2 hours ?

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
...hope I can put together a sling and not wreck anything in 2 hours ?
Look at it this way. If you do wreck something, you're going to the dealer anyway. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I have to ask, why does the dealer want the loader brought in?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Long story...

I’ve been frustrated by the minimal 3 point lifting height on the 2025R—I’m constantly getting the rough cut digging into and stuck on high points, and I can’t lift it high enough. The 3320 can lift it probably 3 times higher.
I also had hoped that the quick hitch attachment would have been higher off the ground at the lowest point. It is virtually the same height as my X748. I have a number of ditches/embankments that I get high centred on with the X748 and blade, so hoped that with the much higher ground clearance of the 2025R, the low point of the quick hitch would be higher...wrong!

I took the tractor in a few weeks ago for them to see if there was any adjusting to be done...which there virtually wasn’t. They were able to get 3 more inches out of the 3 point.

I mainly bought the 2025R for the rough cutting in places the 3320 cant go, and the grapple...again, getting to places the 3320 couldn't fit. The bonus would be to put the 54” blade on the 2025R so that I didn’t have to keep switching out the blade and blower on the X748, and a higher low point.

The 3 point and quick hitch just don't work for me.
A great lesson learned...don’t buy something if you haven’t dug into the details and don’t accept the thoughts of the dealership.

So, I thought okay, no problem, I’ll trade it in and get a X758 with a 3 point etc. I would get a new deck and use it to mow, and keep my 54” deck on the X748 to rough cut in the tight spots as I do now. I’d get the diverter etc that the dealership owes me put on the 3320 and use the grapple on it.

Well, a brilliant theory. Got the call yesterday there is minimal help to be offered with the 3 point height and non for the quick hitch.
The dealership wants to give me $12,000 less than what I paid—9 months and 15 engine hours ago.
Doesn’t seem too fair to me.

So, I’m taking in the loader in, getting the diverter and grapple installed—yup, they are finally ready to do that—then decide on next steps.
I’m fortunate there are 4 differently owned dealerships within a 60 mile radius. Perhaps one of them will be fair, or I’ll sell it privately.

The 2025R has been excellent in many ways. Unfortunately, it just won’t work for me.
Sorry Zebrafive...you should never have asked :lol:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Long story...

I’ve been frustrated by the minimal 3 point lifting height on the 2025R—I’m constantly getting the rough cut digging into and stuck on high points, and I can’t lift it high enough. The 3320 can lift it probably 3 times higher.
I also had hoped that the quick hitch attachment would have been higher off the ground at the lowest point. It is virtually the same height as my X748. I have a number of ditches/embankments that I get high centred on with the X748 and blade, so hoped that with the much higher ground clearance of the 2025R, the low point of the quick hitch would be higher...wrong!

I took the tractor in a few weeks ago for them to see if there was any adjusting to be done...which there virtually wasn’t. They were able to get 3 more inches out of the 3 point.

I mainly bought the 2025R for the rough cutting in places the 3320 cant go, and the grapple...again, getting to places the 3320 couldn't fit. The bonus would be to put the 54” blade on the 2025R so that I didn’t have to keep switching out the blade and blower on the X748, and a higher low point.

A great lesson learned...don’t buy something if you haven’t dug into the details and don’t accept the thoughts of the dealership.

So, I thought okay, no problem, I’ll trade it in and get a X758 with a 3 point etc. I would get a new deck and use it to mow, and keep my 54” deck on the X748 to rough cut in the tight spots as I do now. I’d get the diverter etc that the dealership owes me put on the 3320 and use the grapple on it.

Well, a brilliant theory. Got the call yesterday there is minimal help to be offered with the 3 point height and non for the quick hitch.
The dealership wants to give me $12,000 less than what I paid—9 months and 15 engine hours ago.

So, I’m taking in the loader in, getting the diverter and grapple installed—yup, they are finally ready to do that—then decide on next steps.
I’m fortunate there are 4 differently owned dealerships within a 60 mile radius. Perhaps one of them will be fair, or I’ll sell it privately.

The 2025R has been excellent in many ways. Unfortunately, it just won’t work for me.
Honestly for a trade i would be inclined to ask for a direct swap.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, I didn’t explain that well.

I did want to trade in for the X758.
The 2025R, 120R, quick hitch, 60D with ind lift for a X758, 3 point, 60” deck and quick hitch. I’d have a diverter (already paid for) put on the 3320 and keep the grapple.
To do that, I’d owe them money....I don’t think that’s right but who knows.

I know it’s not apples to apples but I have to think a used 2025R with a 120R is worth approx the same as a X758 and the 60D and ind lift if a similar value to 60” and 3 point.
I’ll have to use the configuration tool to get a better understanding of the price differences and discount for used vs new.

I think 35% depreciation is excessive for 9 months and 15 hours.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delivery made!

Got the loader into the back of the truck and dropped off.
Thanks for the good ideas. The sling with the forks worked well.

Should have the diverter installed with the grapple in the next week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
Got the loader into the back of the truck and dropped off.
Thanks for the good ideas. The sling with the forks worked well.

Should have the diverter installed with the grapple in the next week.
And nothing broke!

:good2:

Good deal.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Long story...

Not to be harsh or anything, but the topic of low clearance with a 2025R has been talked to death here on GTT.

And you lost 20% of purchase price the minute you took delivery. Again, common knowledge.

I'm going to bite my tongue from here on out, lest I want a time-out...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not harsh at all, all fair points.

Two thoughts. Totally agree with the commentary about the low clearance. When I purchased the tractor last August-Sept delivery-the dealership didnt have a 2025R in stock for me to test drive. We talked about the lift height of the 3 point. I was assured that I’d have the clearance I wanted with the new RC2048 I was buying. Certainly buyer beware.

Losing 20%, I’m totally fine with. 35% I believe is excessive—$27,000 purchase price (plus tax), and now offered $17,000.

The point of the post was to get thoughts of how to load the 120R into my truck, accomplished.
I’ll have the diverter installed by next week and a functioning grapple that I have waited 9 months for.
All in all...success!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I was wondering why you would send in the tractor minus the loader, then they wanted the loader. Thanks for explaining.

Good luck working a trade. At least you have multiple owned dealers to try. I am surrounded by many stores, but same owner.

This time of year, is the best for sell it yourself and you know what the dealer will give in trade.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Long story...

Since your original issue is now resolved...
Instead of getting rid of it, have you tried the 2nd adjustable lift link as others have done?
It seems to mostly fix the low height issue with the 3-point, and its fairly cheap.
Every time this comes up I have to wonder why Deere didnt use the multi-hole lift links like on the older tractors. That would fix 99% of the problems like this that come up.
Maybe we could get Kenny to make some up for us...:laugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts