Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I spent the day with our restored 60 LP gas, on the main concours of the state fair. I was with the tractor for about 6 hours and had a fantastic time answering questions about the tractor related and found that I was woefully under prepared for some questions about the series of tractor. I could share the family history, but I had no idea of other stats like when the tractor was built, how many of the this series were produced, etc.

Where does one locate this kind of information?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google something like this for the make and model of any tractor: john deere 60 specs

It will take you to tractor data.

TractorData.com John Deere 60 tractor information
I had that, I'm looking for the specific production information on the specific serial number. MFG date, # of LP tractors made etc. I wonder if there's a place in the Deere archives where one can access the information?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I had that, I'm looking for the specific production information on the specific serial number. MFG date, # of LP tractors made etc. I wonder if there's a place in the Deere archives where one can access the information?
I dont know specifically, but some companies that have been around for quite a long time have an area you can call to get the info. Surely Deere would have this info and would be willing to share it.

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Green Magazine publishes a JD Almanac which is loaded with information; serial number by year, numbers produced, basic information on the tractor, old plow beam numbers - all kinds of information. I have the first edition; I think they are up to edition three or four now. They are reasonably priced. (If they weren't, would I have one?)

If you post or PM the serial number of your 60, I'll look up the information for you.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gentlemen, thank you for the leads! :thumbup1gif:

I figured there had to be some places to get started and I was having little luck getting started, I will follow up on each suggestion.

Two-Cylinder has a serial number search service they offer. I think it's quite the deal myself. :thumbup1gif:
I just stumbled across Thursday evening late and didn't do anything with it, as I was unsure about the value. I think I'll pull the trigger and get that ordered, thanks for the suggestion Jason.

Green Magazine publishes a JD Almanac which is loaded with information; serial number by year, numbers produced, basic information on the tractor, old plow beam numbers - all kinds of information. I have the first edition; I think they are up to edition three or four now. They are reasonably priced. (If they weren't, would I have one?)

If you post or PM the serial number of your 60, I'll look up the information for you.
On it's way! Thank you Don!

If none of the suggestions already posted don't get you there, you could call the John Deere museum in Waterloo, Iowa and ask. (319) 292-6126. They might not be able to directly answer your questions, but they could most likely steer you in the right direction.
I'll give them a call Monday. I had not thought of adding museum to my search and all the Deere numbers I was coming up with were related to sales and service which I'm sure are helpful. Wandering around through the antique world is a new adventure for me! Thank you Plug Ugly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts