Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me understand so I purchase the correct valve. To my understanding there are two different "types" of valves for the application.
It makes more sense to me to STOP the flow, rather than slow the flow, this is where my confusion lies currently.

Since the 3PH was installed, I've been dialing up the stop. This works fine, but that's a chore IMHO.
If I have the plow blade on front, I leave the tilt hoses disconnected.
If I'm going to install a valve, I'm thinking (Keep It Simple Stupid) I'd like to relocate it to somewhere more convenient, so I don't have to reach into the abyss.
A thought was to have the valve vertical to the running board in plain sight. Maybe just forward the pedals. Or in the area of the deck adjustment knob.
I'd consider putting it inboard of the toolbox even.

My reasoning for relocating, it just makes more sense to me.
Help me out here fellas. The valve, it's been on my bucket list, and I haven't wanted to chew on the expense.
It's time to get it done. :flag_of_truce:
Share me some creativity so I don't choke on the cost of the valve. LOL
You point me to the valve to stop the flow, and whatever else is needed to put it where it's wanted, it's getting ordered and DONE with.

The Deere AM134625 valve won't mount the way I want.
Auxillary Hydraulics has one that I believe would.
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Help me understand so I purchase the correct valve. To my understanding there are two different "types" of valves for the application.
It makes more sense to me to STOP the flow, rather than slow the flow, this is where my confusion lies currently.

Since the 3PH was installed, I've been dialing up the stop. This works fine, but that's a chore IMHO.
If I have the plow blade on front, I leave the tilt hoses disconnected.
If I'm going to install a valve, I'm thinking (Keep It Simple Stupid) I'd like to relocate it to somewhere more convenient, so I don't have to reach into the abyss.
A thought was to have the valve vertical to the running board in plain sight. Maybe just forward the pedals. Or in the area of the deck adjustment knob.
I'd consider putting it inboard of the toolbox even.

My reasoning for relocating, it just makes more sense to me.
Help me out here fellas. The valve, it's been on my bucket list, and I haven't wanted to chew on the expense.
It's time to get it done. :flag_of_truce:
Share me some creativity so I don't choke on the cost of the valve. LOL
You point me to the valve to stop the flow, and whatever else is needed to put it where it's wanted, it's getting ordered and DONE with.

The Deere AM134625 valve won't mount the way I want.
Auxillary Hydraulics has one that I believe would.
Any other suggestions?
What are you trying to accomplish? The JD lockout valve prevents the deck lift /3 point cylinder from moving in tandem with the front angle function. It stops flow to the deck/3 point. A shutoff is what you want if you are trying to mimick the OEM behavior.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you trying to accomplish? The JD lockout valve prevents the deck lift /3 point cylinder from moving in tandem with the front angle function. It stops flow to the deck/3 point. A shutoff is what you want if you are trying to mimick the OEM behavior.
1] Stop the flow to the deck/3ph.
2] Relocate the valve so it's in plain sight, mountable by lock-nut on valve body.
3] Quarter-Turn type preferred

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My son in law got a 1/4 turn valve, from Auxillary Hydraulics, for his X729 to lock the 3 point up. The 3 point would not stay up if he had any weight on the hitch. It worked fine if there was no weight in the hitch.
He had to exchange the 1/4 turn valve for the heavy duty valve.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My son in law got a 1/4 turn valve, from Auxillary Hydraulics, for his X729 to lock the 3 point up. The 3 point would not stay up if he had any weight on the hitch. It worked fine if there was no weight in the hitch.
He had to exchange the 1/4 turn valve for the heavy duty valve.

Good Info.

Would you happen to know the source and what valve he opted to use?
The caffine is weak this morning. I just re-read. I'll assume he got this valve Aux Hyd

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

Good Info.

Would you happen to know the source and what valve he opted to use?
The caffine is weak this morning. I just re-read. I'll assume he got this valve Aux Hyd

That is correct.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My HD lock-out valve got here so fast, it was warm from the trip.
The install was self explanatory. Quick and easy. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts