Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to start this thread in hopes that I may find a solution to why I, and others, are having so much trouble to Log-In to GTT.

This started with my first attempt at changing my password, after the "Unprofessional looking" BLUE MESSAGE on the upper section of the site. I had no luck with that.
I contacted Jason through a WFM site Private Message; and he was very helpful, as he went in from his end; and gave me a temporary password. Thanks, Jason. With it, I was finally able to Log-In, but was slow and not able to do much more within the site. After many attempts to maneuver through the site, I thought I'd try rebooting the router. This did nothing to solve my problems. Then, thought I would try by-passing my router(ASUS RT N66U); and connect my PC directly into the wall outlet. After doing so, the log-in time sped up and I was able to maneuver through the site as usual. When I reconnected to through router, the problem returned.

This is what happens:
After a successful Lon-In, the site will not allow me to go to other pages(most of the time). When it does, I get an error message. Sometimes, I get a message that states: "Server is busy at this time, try again later."
It will (sometimes), allow me to visit the FORUM page. When I click on the page I want to visit, such as the Good Morning thread, I get one of the previously mentioned messages. This goes on and on. It is very aggravating, to say the least.

This site is the only site I am having trouble with when connected through the router. Blake suggested I change the DNS Server Address. I did that, but have the same problem. In fact, I changed it to different address to see if any of those would work. I rebooted the router again(held reset button down >1 minute). Then, I remove the power supply to the router for >1 minute. After restarting the router, still no luck.
I do know the problem has something to do with the router, as all is well when connected directly to the wall outlet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Michael,

Check to see if there's a "Reset" button on your router. If there is press and hold the reset button for one minute, then, power the router down. Wait another minute and turn it back on. This worked for me.

If you are still unable to login to your Asus RT-N66U router: You should force your router to reset to its factory settings. This is often done using the reset button on the back of your router. You may have to use a paperclip to push a recessed button on the back of the router.

More information here: How to Login to the Asus RT-N66U

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michael,

Check to see if there's a "Reset" button on your router. If there is press and hold the reset button for one minute, then, power the router down. Wait another minute and turn it back on. This worked for me.
If you are still unable to login to your Asus RT-N66U router: You should force your router to reset to its factory settings. This is often done using the reset button on the back of your router. You may have to use a paperclip to push a recessed button on the back of the router.

More information here: How to Login to the Asus RT-N66U

Hope this helps!

SGS, this is history. I did this after you explained what you did. Thanks anyway.

I rebooted the router again(held reset button down >1 minute). Then, I remove the power supply to the router for >1 minute. After restarting the router, still no luck.

Could it be that the router IP address is the problem? I wonder if you changed the settings to dynamic rather than static (or vise versa) if it would help.
Did that also, prior to my post. No change. Thanks, Tonton.
I can imagine what the guys on the failed Apollo Mission felt like.

I'd do this, but it will hurt. :banghead:

In the image to the right, replace the PC with a Router. :smash:

I will keep my cool, only because

Any other suggestion?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem. Can't access this site on Explorer or Chrome. Errors, server busy, etc. I'm using my phone right now, which I hate to do, to post this message so Droid works. It's this site and only this site that is having problems. I'm not going to mess with my router for one site. That does not make sense. I've been going thru this ever since this fiasco started and I'm at the end of my patience. Clear this up or I will be looking elsewhere because I can't use or even access this site from anything but my phone, which I won't do.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have an ASUS AC3100 (same as the R68, similar to yours but a little newer, I believe). I was having quirky problems that I THOUGHT were router related and it turned out that my ISP (Comcrap) had throttled my speed to an unbelievably slow speed for some stupid reason. I powered down everything and restarted the modem and quite a bit of functionality returned.

I still had some quirkiness, and ended up discovering that there was a firmware update on the router - check to see if there's one waiting for you, too.

You can also try turning off things like QoS, web filtering, parental controls, and anything else in the router that's designed to make your experience "better". I find that many of these things actually make the experience -worse-.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Logged in from the office again.

I've tried everything suggested above, even prior to my posting. If Albert Einstein were alive, I'd try contacting him.
But alas, I'm out of luck.

I'm going to contact my computer/electronics friend. He may have advise on what to do.

I'm very aggravated with this situation, but I won't give up. I won't let it win.

Later,

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
What firmware are you running?

Are you at factory defaults now on the router?

Have you tried loading a previous version of the firmware to see if anything is different?

Have you checked the cable modem's information to ensure that IT is working properly? Have you looked at the modem's logs while the router is connected to see if maybe there's a duplex problem or something similar with the WAN interface of the router connecting to the modem?

Is the router directly connected to the router? Is the cable good?

The kinds of things you are describing sound like a COMM issue between the router and modem.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I contacted my computer guy. He just so happens the have the same Router as me. I gave him the GTT web address; and explained the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
When there are issues like it is best to start with the simple things just like on a tractor.

1. Remove power from the modem and router(if separate)

2. Wait a minute or two before plugging it back in.

3. While you wait clear the browser cache and cookies.(This is not the same thing as browser history.

4. If you use the password save feature in your browser or other password feature on your computer, Mac's have the keychain feature, delete any saved password entries. Delete any saved book marks of the GTT page.

5. Power off your computer.

6. Plug in the modem and wait to get all of the happy indicator lights.

7. If you have a separate router power it up and wait for all of the happy lights on it.

8. Power up you computer.

9. Don't use your booked marked link for GTT just go to GTT site URL, greentractortalk.com . Using an old book mark may have old cookie or script information contained in the URL, that is all the stuff in the URL after the .com. This can cause server issues as it is trying to find content that is no longer contained on the server.

If you have multiple browsers repeat steps 3 and 4 for each browser you use.

Finally is none of that worked posted your OS and browser of choice and will start tracking things down further.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Steveontheridge2, if you can see this post on your phone and don't mind trying one more thing try this. If your computer is connected wirelessly use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot and have your computer connect to it and go to GTT and see what you get.

Doug

·
Registered
4,337 Posts

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Doing cartwheels.

I bought a new router; and all is working as it should. The problem with the other router had to have something to do with the settings. :dunno: I played around with what I could within the setting; and nothing worked to allow me to maneuver through the GTT site.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
This saddens me, really. IMHO you shouldn't have to buy a new router to access GTT.

I am happy to see you back. :bigbeer:

How many more members are having this issue that we'll never ever hear from? That sucks....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts

Doing cartwheels.

I bought a new router; and all is working as it should. The problem with the other router had to have something to do with the settings. :dunno: I played around with what I could within the setting; and nothing worked to allow me to maneuver through the GTT site.
Too bad but good news just the same. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My friend who works on computers said this site(GTT) has the same symptoms when connected through his router. He has the same make & model router as mine. I told him not worry about it. It isn't worth the time and hassle to figure out what the problem is. Life's too short & beer's getting warm.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here I am, a week with the new router(LINKSYS AC1900). All is good on my end, although my daughter & SIL are having problems with the WiFi connection. They live in a mobile home(trailer house) in our back yard. It's 202' from our house(210' from the router). This new router is supposed to be "more powerful" as far as WiFi connectivity goes.
I was curious; and wanted to re-check the previous ASUS RT-66U N900 router again. Well, I'm connected and on-line with GTT. No problems with page changes. This router was the one I was having connection issues with after the password change. Now, for some reason it's working properly.
Maybe it needed a rest. :dunno: I don't know.

Daughter & SIL are connecting with no problems, just as they could before. At any rate, we'll try this a while. If all is well, the one-week old LINKSYS router will go back to Office Depot for a refund.
:gizmo:

·
Registered
21,502 Posts
200' on a WiFi signal - wow! I've tried to get a signal in my barn which is ~200' away and nothing. My iPad "sees" the router but I can't do anything online.

I have a suspision that you guys who replaced routers wasn't the problem anyway. I found that insane and the problem being with the GTT people who have finally quietly fixed the issue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was dog locked for a bit! Kept trying the contact us thing. Did about 4 of them maybe 20 tries to get them through. Finally the withdraw got the best of me and I... Ummmm, I signed up on TractorByNet.:oops: And one night just before I headed to dreamland I tried the link again on my iPad and there you all were:yahoo: good ever since.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
TBN? Wow. You were desperate. :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts