Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a Timberwolf TW-1 splitter used last fall. I had a troybuilt horizontal vertical one that I hated and wanted something better. It has a 4 way wedge and the table option. Now I needed a way to get
The logs on. They make a manual log lift as an option but wanted $500 for it. I figured I could make a hydraulic lift for much less than that.

Got some 1” sq tube and made the framework. Picked up a 2” x 8” stroke cylinder and a valve with power beyond and this is what I came up with. Works great and will pick up a 36” log without issue. Also helps as a work table when you are splitting

Here is a short video
December 4, 2018 - YouTube

Attachments

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
That is slick! Nicely done.

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
ur new log lift is something i have wanted my boy to weld up for several yrs now. i just think they are the cats me-ow.:good2:

also would love to have that table like u have that is past the wedge, well dang it, a 4 way wedge too:lol:

back when i was still working for my last trucking job, and working the dock every night, we used to haul them Wolf's, when anyone would spot one of them in a trailer, they would come tell me, about it. man i would go and just stare:lovetongue: at it. boy i wanted one of their splitters bad, back then.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigJim they are really nice splitters. I have been looking at them for a while and then found one on craiglist.

The next thing I am looking into is a autosplit valve to make it faster. I see they only put these on the larger machines so if anyone knows why it would not work let me know

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
:bigthumb:Nice add.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
We have an Amish neighbor that rents this one out. For $20.00 a day. When I have really big stuff it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts