Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to call it but I needed something to save some trips.
Now I can haul my bucket plus my saws, skidding equipment and etc in one trip.
Basically a 4x4 treated pallet with a job box mounted on one side and bucket set on the other.
All carried on my pallet forks and grapple.
Didn't know where to post this, thought someone might find it useful.
Plant Automotive tire Tree Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know what to call it but I needed something to save some trips.
Now I can haul my bucket plus my saws, skidding equipment and etc in one trip.
Basically a 4x4 treated pallet with a job box mounted on one side and bucket set on the other.
All carried on my pallet forks and grapple.
Didn't know where to post this, thought someone might find it useful.
View attachment 811445
I can't do this as I have a true grapple, but personally I really like the idea!! I hate carryin my saw between my legs.

·
Registered
1996 JD 955. 2017 z355e.
73 Posts
What about something like this. It was a king kutter carry all that was obviously the wrong color. Had to fixer up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That looks useful for carrying things, but how does it work as a ballast box? I imagine the size would make it a little akward but the distance aft means the same weight would have more stabilizing effect for front work. At least front to back. Side to side might be interesting with much back there. Good work.

You have caused me to have an idea though. I have two 4x8 wagons, one wood bed and one metal mesh. Either would let me take a lot of things to use. I could even daisy chain them if necessary. I would just have to make a drawbar extension to clear the ballast box and disconnect before starting having fun. I got the frames and axles/wheel kits at Runnings for my yard mule to haul things. Had to make the beds, each has their best uses. I have tie downs on the wooden one and stake pockets on the metal one. Each is rated about 800lb capacity. IIRC

·
Registered
1996 JD 955. 2017 z355e.
73 Posts
Thanks! The box I made is only 4ft wide and 3ft long. I don't do anything crazy with my tractor mainly moving dirt or manure I have used it as a ballast when I need to but not for anything crazy, I was lifting an older JD blade with bucket hook and put a few heavy cinder blocks in it to feel better. I use it to haul chainsaws, speaker, gas can etc when I go out away from the barn. Works great. Wife Made the JD logo stencil with her cricut machine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor
I use my box blade as ballast, plus it's pretty good pushing more trail in. That way I don't always have to go back and put on the bucket.
Hmm, you know a second tractor would be even more efficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.