Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a strong, long hook tool for some time. A lot of my dollies are close to the ground with their implement, like my mowing deck, and I have to get real bent over to push them. That's hard when I have to move them some distance. So I've been looking for a long hook tool so that I can grab them and pull them while standing upright. I also thought it might be handy for some spring installations, like the one on the mowing deck. I have a short hook tool, but using it requires me to stretch the spring using my back instead of my legs. The long one solves this.

I've been putting "long hook tool" into the Amazon search engine every few weeks for quite a while. I believe that Amazon watches when search results don't end up with a sale, and they add items to compensate. A couple of days ago, I searched and a nice tool at a decent price popped up. LINK HERE

I bought the 36" version. I'm tall and I don't want the dolly or implement clipping my heels when I'm pulling it. There is also a 31" version.

IMG_2706.JPG

The hook end can pull or push. I'll be attaching d-rings or eye bolts to my low dollies so that i can easily grab them.

IMG_2708.JPG

The handle is sturdy and comfortable to pull with.

IMG_2707.JPG

I already have eye bolts installed on my mowing deck for lifting that can also be used for pulling it. When I've pushed or pulled on the mowing deck in the past, it hasn't shifted at all on the dolly and I don't expect that it will using this long hook.

IMG_2709.JPG

Keane

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Do you think this hook is strong enough to disengage the traction belt tension spring on X300/X500 L&G tractors?

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think this hook is strong enough to disengage the traction belt tension spring on X300/X500 L&G tractors?
I'm not familiar with the tractors in your question. If I hooked this hook to something really solid and pulled with all my personal strength, I'm reasonably sure that the hook would not break or bend open. I'm not the strongest guy around, but I get the tension spring for my MMM on and off with no trouble.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
:unknown:that hook u got there --looks a lot like the one i had to pull the pin on the 5th wheel of my truck back when i was trucking for a living.
jeepers--i waited quite a few yrs back then, till they came down in price some. thinking i still paid around $20 for mine back then. one tough hunk of steel or whatever it was made out of.

i remember it moving with me--probably in over head loft--buried -out in the big garage.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,217 Posts
:unknown:that hook u got there --looks a lot like the one i had to pull the pin on the 5th wheel of my truck back when i was trucking for a living.
jeepers--i waited quite a few yrs back then, till they came down in price some. thinking i still paid around $20 for mine back then. one tough hunk of steel or whatever it was made out of.

i remember it moving with me--probably in over head loft--buried -out in the big garage.
The link keane posted states that is exactly what it is.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
The link keane posted states that is exactly what it is.
:banghead: now how in the world did i miss that--jeez:lol: and they have come down in price too. truck stop's must of had the price up back then--no amazon back then.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have one if those that that I picked up at a truck stop. Mostly I use it for lifting off the lids of my septic tank. I've used it for grabbing snakes out of the garage as well!

Forget what I paid for it. I think ariund $15.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,811 Posts

I still have mine - a very nice custom made one. It lives in my pickup for pulling stuff back from the front of the bed since I have a hard cover on it. I use it for all kinds of other stuff too - even like sliding a piece of furniture in the house. Much easier than trying to bend over to grab something to slide it.

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
I'll probably buy one to push chains under logs

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I had fabbed something very similar years ago to hook steel reinforcement mesh and pull it up into the concrete, when pouring floors, driveways, etc. I couldn't make them for what you paid for that.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
These might be better

BestEquip 3T Prylever Bar 6600 lbs Capacity Steel Pry Lever Bar Heavy Duty with Wheels Prylever with 6FT Length Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKMZBKX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MjBADbPFBDTCR
:laugh:we had something similar on the docks back when i worked for CCX--the first time in my life i ever saw such a thing. but boy it was stout-and u could move a large crate rather easy with it. i think ours had only one set of steel wheels on them.:unknown:

·
Super Moderator
5,393 Posts
Thanks for that link keane! I just ordered one! :good2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts