Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'18 2038R & '00 445
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GTT has always come up when I'm searching issues for my tractors, and has helped solved many of my issues, but until recently did I actually create an account and post to help try and help other members. I'm located just outside of Toledo, OH.

I've had a 445 for about 10 years with a quick hitch, plow, single stage blower, 62" deck, & cat 1 3 pt. Only issues with this tractor has been the quick hitch setup which is from the x7XX series, which is great as it allows the deck and quick hitch to be attached at the same time but has resulted in the hydraulic lines needed extended, and having to buy the snow blower PTO shaft meant for the x700 series as the 400 series was barely too short and would come flopping out time to time.

Last spring I've upgraded to a 2038r as we have moved and now maintain 20 acres and just about ready to do the 200 hours services. It's a 2018 with 72" MMM, and FEL with bucket and pallet forks. Also slowly increasing my implement arsenals and have a frontier disk, cultivator, row cultivator, spreader, and custom single row corn planter for our garden soon to be hobby farm. The uses we have found for the machine are amazing. No issue with the machine but always a couple mishaps! Single point connector issue and always remember to put the pins in your FEL attachments! I do wish is had a little more lift height on the FEL and am currently looking to see if i have the FEL hydraulic pressure issue.

The 445 has turned into my wife's "gator" with a 3-point dump box and is still used in the winter for clear the driveway. Looking for good deals on 3pt blowers wider then the 68" 2038 wheel base since I'm too cheap to put the front snow blower on the 2038r. After I've found that and it's paid off, the 445 will likely be sold and the wife can get a real gator. The 445 mower deck and plow now just sit on a pallet in storage waiting for the day to sell with it. constantly think about selling them now, but think it will hurt the resale when I go to finally get rid of it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from southern KY!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welcome from Northern Indiana!

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
591 Posts
Welcome from NW Ct.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Welcome from mid Michigan

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Welcome from west central Wisconsin.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome kruppy from western PA
Congrats on the 20 acre farm!
Of course - you know we like pics - so if you don't mind sharing 😊

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Registered
'18 2038R & '00 445
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome kruppy from western PA
Congrats on the 20 acre farm!
Of course - you know we like pics - so if you don't mind sharing 😊
Thanks, it wasn't the initial plan, we just wanted country living with some land and a pond so we purchased the 5 acre house property. After getting the 2038r and building the barn, I wanted more seat time so looking to start some sweet corn, pumpkins, gourds, etc. with a road side stand. I always wanted to be farmer growing up, chose to be an electrical engineer instead, so just trying to feed the passion a little. So we closed on the 15 acres surrounding us in the spring, and hoping to work some of the acreage this coming spring (2-3 acres maybe) to get my feet wet and figure things out while renting the rest back to the farmer we purchased it from. So, we'll see how things progress from there, got a lot to learn! It also protect our homestead from people building around us, want to buy land on all sides of us eventually, but 1 Parcel at a time!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Wood Screenshot Font Slope Software

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good for you! Nice looking set up too. Barn / shop and tractor!

Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois

·
Registered
'18 2038R & '00 445
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good for you! Nice looking set up too. Barn / shop and tractor!

Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois
Thanks! Still a big project left to finish walls, wanting to do alternating 1x6 and 1x8 T&G boards with Shou Sugi Ban. Was suppose to be this winters project, but the wood prices killed that dream this year!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.