Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Model 314 tractor used back in 1985. It was 7 years old and had seen some hard use. I've now had it 29 years, doing all the service myself. At 36 years old, it still starts up every time and goes to work.

I mow a lot of rough ground and I'm getting to an age where I need a larger wheel base and better suspension in the seat to make the mowings less painful. I also plow snow with it, and we've been recently getting deeper snows than a blade can easily handle. So I'm looking to move up and buy my last tractor. I'm considering the 1025R and I'm doing research on this site so that I know what I'm getting into.

The biggest concerns I've seen so far are the tires rubbing the hydraulic lines for the power steering and difficulty adjusting (and keeping adjusted) the mowing deck to mow evenly. I will be taking these up with my dealer. If there are any 1025R owners that know of other things I should check out, please let me know.

Keane

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts
:wgtt:

The issues you've listed are not much of an issue at all IMHO. I've only seen the one power steering line issue being reported. The mower is a setup issue. If the dealer does the setup correctly, it's super sweet. If they don't, you'll be fighting it until it's done right. That's not a fault of the tractor, but the people who set it up.

The one series is a nice tractor. :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
What diesel says is true. The only "issue" with the deck is when it is set up incorrectly. Most anything that is not set up correctly will not work very well. Take the time to follow his directions on how to set it up and it will be a mowing machine with no problems. You only have to set it up that first time and it will be golden thereafter. Don't be worried. Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,488 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts