Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,626 Posts
What model tractor? What were you doing when the problem started? If it has hydraulic steering, I would be checking for a leak.

Yes, and how long is your Long Tractor?

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts
Knowing which Model Long Tractor A Jones has would help us help A Jones with at least a relevant answer.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Maybe it’s one of these. It looks like they’re built in Romania.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
This looks like another one of those Rugby scrums where he drops the ball in the middle of us people who want to help him, but he gives us next to nothing to go on and we will never hear from him again. OK, we have asked him for more info. So, until he comes up with more info, no sense beating a dead horse.

Dave

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
This looks like another one of those Rugby scrums where he drops the ball in the middle of us people who want to help him, but he gives us next to nothing to go on and we will never hear from him again. OK, we have asked him for more info. So, until he comes up with more info, no sense beating a dead horse.

Dave
Beating dead horses is a GTT tradition.

Watch this:

Should I use 36" or 42" pallet forks?

Also, which oil is best for my truck?

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler Town & Country
152 Posts
Maybe it’s one of these. It looks like they’re built in Romania.

View attachment 780190
Hey i have one of those tractors. The only trouble i've had with my steering is it uses a little power steering fluid. You have to check the resovour every couple of years. It will steer without power steering though. What kind of oil should i run in this tractor? just kidding. Kent

·
Registered
590 Posts
This looks like another one of those Rugby scrums .... until he comes up with more info, no sense beating a dead horse.
Agreed.

Beating dead horses is a GTT tradition.

Watch this:

Should I use 36" or 42" pallet forks?

Also, which oil is best for my truck?
Get the 42" forks. And it depends on whether your truck is gas or diesel.

Hey by the way, which brand of pallet forks offers the best bang for the buck, and what brand of battery should I buy for my JD SCUT? :D

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I have a Long 2360 tractor and are looking for the parts manual and the service manual. Do you have either of them?
Mostly Green Tractor people on this forum, dont think you will find much info for a Long here.

Try this site: Long Tractor Goods/bads/uglies

I personally don't have any experience with Long tractors, but a mechanic I use sometimes told me they sourced parts from a lot of places, and that some tractors can have the same model number, and have different parts. Like an alternator or whatever. I don't think they are the easiest to work on. Good luck.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Peaceful Creek LLC
I had a Long 2460 many years ago. Used strictly for pulling a bush hog. I really beat that thing up but it kept on going. Traded it in a green one. Try the above link for a manual. Good luck.

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 16 of 16 Posts