Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I ordered a 260 back hoe for my 1025 on Wednesday from my local deere dealer,, they called me today to tell me that the ship date is January,, I can't imagine it taking 3 months to get a back hoe,,, I guess they are waiting till santa delivers it to them,,,

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
well I ordered a 260 back hoe for my 1025 on Wednesday from my local deere dealer,, they called me today to tell me that the ship date is January,, I can't imagine it taking 3 months to get a back hoe,,, I guess they are waiting till santa delivers it to them,,,
Wow....maybe it will get there sooner

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wonder if they are waiting for there spring shipment,, or if they get a better deal later in the year,,, just doesn't make sense a 3 month wait,,,

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
Well at least it'll be ready for Spring. Is the dealer doing the install?

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
For whatever reason, it seems like whatever isn't sitting on the lot seems to take forever to get ordered & delivered. When I was shopping for my 2032R this spring I was told that if I ordered in May it would be delivered in October. Crazy!

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Color of Money

I learned long ago the color of my money is GREEN. If I have it and they want it Then they must earn it. How they earn it is by giving me what I want, at the price I am willing to pay, and now, if not sooner. Just look at the site vendors, they are a perfect example. Let me see, Forks and Hooks and Springs off hand, that I have bought . These people have been a pleasure to deal with, going above and beyond what I ever expected. I will buy again because of this? If your dealer is telling you 3 months wait, what he is really telling you is . Business is really good ,we don't need your green stuff. Look else where....

:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I imagine a lot of the backhoes being produced are going out on the FILB tractors.

I agree with the others, trying some other dealers can't hurt but I suspect you'll find this is a manufacturing delay as opposed to a dealer delay.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I waited 2+ months for my 1025r Filb. Ordered 7/26 and delivered to the dealer on 10/1. Should be delivered by the end of the week. Seems like mother Deere isn't shy about making consumers wait.

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
I imagine a lot of the backhoes being produced are going out on the FILB tractors.

I agree with the others, trying some other dealers can't hurt but I suspect you'll find this is a manufacturing delay as opposed to a dealer delay.
Either it is a manufacturing delay OR dealer is waiting to order with spring order so HE can get a better price ,not the buyer. Either way if another dealer near I think I would check around. Well depending are your needing the hoe right now or if no rush OK to wait the 2-3 mos.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Deere is working through layoffs at certain plants, so there are some serious delays with certain items as they adjust supply vs. demand to "right size" the business with current financial constraints. Deere's 3Q14 sales fell off by about 15%, hence the layoffs. We are lucky that they are addressing some of our nitpicky concerns with our smaller machines as their bread and butter sales are slowing. I'm sure this is just cyclical, but it's a good part of the reason why certain parts/attachments take forever to receive today.

I think we'll have to be a little kinder and more patient with mother Deere as she weathers this interesting, challenging, and global economic mine field as I like to call it. That's not to say that we shouldn't put pressure on her to be competitive and address our nitpicky concerns, because if we don't, others may take the lead and we certainly don't want that to happen!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Either it is a manufacturing delay OR dealer is waiting to order with spring order so HE can get a better price ,not the buyer. Either way if another dealer near I think I would check around.
Do dealers get seasonal pricing?

I can't speak for Deere, but the company I work for currently has a 4 month lead time on new machines. Doesn't matter when we order them, our price is the same unless there is a model/ feature/ option change.

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Do dealers get seasonal pricing?

I can't speak for Deere, but the company I work for currently has a 4 month lead time on new machines. Doesn't matter when we order them, our price is the same unless there is a model/ feature/ option change.
I don't know if they do or not, maybe they get a couple of mos free consignment or low interest, would think they get something for big orders.
Several yrs ago when I ordered my Bush Hog tiller from a local non JD dealer. He said it was a better deal for him and me when he ordered 3 , just saying.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Did you ask the dealer if he would do a trade in on your tractor for a new FILB? I did, and I took delivery in 3 days, and it cost me less than just buying the 260 hoe.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
I don't know if they do or not, maybe they get a couple of mos free consignment or low interest, would think they get something for big orders.
Several yrs ago when I ordered my Bush Hog tiller from a local non JD dealer. He said it was a better deal for him and me when he ordered 3 , just saying.
I think they do. I know our dealer here does have a spring order (floor plan) they need to place every year. Not sure why a spring order would hold up a custom order though.

·
584 Posts
Shane here w Muttons. There is a issue with the mounting frame kits right now. I had the same thing happend last week when I ordered a 260 for a customer. I ordered the backhoe less attaching parts and then ordered the attaching parts through jd parts. Everything will be here 10/21. Pass this on to your dealer. If he cant help you out I have free shipping on 260 bh right now. Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wait, wait, wait

260 order was placed Monday morning, Tuesday received a delivery date of 1/22/2015..:thumbsdown:
They need to have more of the Keebler elves building these things, Two is simply not enough. Considering vacation and sick days. I read before about long delivery times and thought, how can that possibly be true? Now I know it is true. I guess when you are the only game in town, anyone that wants to play, plays when they say you can.... I'll bet if everyone with a tractor places an order now , they would build more..:laugh: or we would all wait together....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts