Green Tractor Talk banner

Longhorn's gettin' a 2025R!

15K views 147 replies 32 participants last post by  MattL 
#1 ·
The day is almost here. Tomorrow I embark on a long-planned journey towards tractor ownership!

Good news: After talking to several dealers, I found one that I really meshed with and seems to be interested in sweating the details. First stab at the quote wasn't perfect, but he took input well and after just a few back-and-forth emails we got everything sorted and I'm happy with the proposal.

Bad news: He was told by corporate that they are currently looking at 6 months for delivery. That sucks, but it is what it is given the state of the world. I <could> buy a tractor off a lot somewhere else in the country (there are a few out there), but then I'm afraid I'd run into the "you didn't buy that here, we really aren't interested in doing your warranty work" issue. I still say that's complete and utter B.S., but again..it is what it is given the state of the world so I need to plan accordingly. 6 months isn't optimal, but I have stuff to do in order to prepare for the tractor's arrival in the mean time so it's not all going to waste. And it's very possible that it might wind up being a shorter wait...guess we'll see.

To the nitty gritty (prices deleted to protect the innocent)!!

Code:
151BLV 2025R Compact Utility Tractor (18 PTO
hp)
Standard Options - Per Unit
024H United States Minor Outlying Islands 1
0409 English Operator's Manual 1
1701 Factory Installed Loader with Bucket 1
2000 Open Operator Station 1 $
3701 260B Factory Installed Backhoe with
Bucket
4061 Less iMatch™ Quick Hitch Category 1 1
5204 280/70 R16 (R3 Turf, 1 Position) Radial 1
6204 220/55 R12 (R3 Turf, 1 Position) Radial 1
Standard Options Total
Dealer Attachments
BLV10399 Open Station Work Light Brush Guard
Kit
BLV10400 ROPS Lights Brush Guard Kit 1
BLV10673 Premium LED Work Light Kit 1
LP68694 Seat Cover 1
LP95637 Tractor Cover 1
BM17965 Rear Wheel Weight, 60 lb (27.2 kg) 2
BM17987 Attaching Hardware for Rear Wheel
Weight, 60 lb
BLV11156 Mid Mounted 3rd Selective Control
Valve
BXX10210 Third Function Hydraulic Hose Kit 1
BXX10375 3rd Function Hydraulic Lines 1

Selling Equipment

JOHN DEERE 60D AutoConnect™ 7-Iron Mid-Mount Side Discharge Mower
(1023E, 1025R Model Year 2020 and 2025R)

Code Description Qty Unit Extended
701CLV 60D AutoConnect™ 7-Iron Mid-Mount
Side Discharge Mower (1023E, 1025R
Model Year 2020 and 2025R)
Standard Options - Per Unit
0202 United States 1 $ 0.00 $ 0.00
0409 English 1 $ 0.00 $ 0.00
1100 Attaching Parts (Mechanical Mower
Lift)
Standard Options Total
Dealer Attachments
BXX10241 Load-N-Go for 60D AutoConnect™ 7-
Iron Deck
BM23978 60 HC Mulch kit 1
TR107595 Guide Bar - GUIDE BAR, TIRE GUIDE 1
Before anyone asks..yes...I'm getting ballast. I'll use my 6 months of lead time to purchase a quick-hitch, heavy-hitch, and a whole boat-load of suitcase weights (in addition to the wheel weights which I have ordered with the tractor itself). I have a short list of additional accessories that I'll be picking up as well, but those are subject to availability so we'll see what we can get.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank the community for all the great info here. It's been invaluable in my education about tractors and related topics, and I'll keep you posted on updates as they happen :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice !!!
Congrats on the tractor order.
Hopefully it won't take them to long to get it to you.

Reactions: Longhorn_007
#5 ·
I just picked my 2025R with heated cab up a few weeks ago after a 5 month wait. It's a long wait but worth it. I'm still waiting for the seat cover from the dealer. I ordered one online an got it in 2 days for 6 bucks cheaper. Tomorrow we are looking for up to a foot of snow for me to test it out!!!!! I took the tractor out the other night to test the heater (-16 degrees). I think I can blow snow in a flannel shirt till I shear a pin.

#12 ·
Strong suggestion from lots of experience, always carry the coat and gloves, hat or ear coverings, etc in the back corner of the cab on the coat hook. Also, carry a headlight to wear when "fixing stuff" as it frees up the flash light hand to something more productive. It's easy to get chilled getting out of the 68 degree cab into the 10 degree air and back again..........Enjoy. Once you go cab, you will never go without one again............

#7 ·
Yep..this is primarily a yard machine for a to-be-built new house. But notice they are the Radial R3 "hybrid" tires, not the old-style bias-ply turf.

Reactions: Big and cc1999
#8 ·
He has hybrid Radial turfs on the order.
Oh yea,
That is very common setup now days.

I Know TTWT has them on both his 1025Rs as well as his 2038R, I have them on my 2025R.
I am sure there is plenty of others around here that have that same setup with backhoes.
I would be actually surprised if the Hybrid turf radials didn't offer more traction then the Bias ply R4s.

#9 ·
Congratulations you will love it. I have had mine a year and a half and love it. 💕

#11 ·
Congrats on your new tractor. Enjoy!

#15 · (Edited)
Ordered 4x40lb and 8x70lb quick-tatch weights (plus imatch quick hitch) from greenpartstore.com. Thanks @Tractor Tim for the free shipping code..it saved me over $300! I paid a little more per item versus some other places since they are "real JD weights"...but that free shipping ended up making a huge net savings overall.

Next up...offset (or possibly dual...still thinking about this) heavy hitch and weight cart to complete "project ballast the crap out of the tractor"

Reactions: Mackford13
#16 ·
My 2025R arrived this summer after about a 4-month wait. Radial turfs from the factory are great! You may want to check out plans here on GTT for a FEL dolly. I built one using scrap from my wood shop (close to the plans, but I used what I had). It's great; I park the tractor with the bucket about 6 inches off the ground, wheel the dolly under the FEL, detach, and roll it away. Reattachment is the same, park the tractor and roll the FEL to it making alignment really simple and allowing me to move the FEL with ease.

Here's a link to the thread: 140 FEL Dolly Dolly for H120 FEL

Thank you @keane for a great "waiting for the tractor to arrive" project!

#17 ·
My 2025R arrived this summer after about a 4-month wait. Radial turfs from the factory are great! You may want to check out plans here on GTT for a FEL dolly. I built one using scrap from my wood shop (close to the plans, but I used what I had). It's great; I park the tractor with the bucket about 6 inches off the ground, wheel the dolly under the FEL, detach, and roll it away. Reattachment is the same, park the tractor and roll the FEL to it making alignment really simple and allowing me to move the FEL with ease.

Here's a link to the thread: 140 FEL Dolly Dolly for H120 FEL

Thank you @keane for a great "waiting for the tractor to arrive" project!
Thanks for the tip! I was planning on a BH dolly but I hadn't considered a FEL dolly. I'll check it out :)

#18 ·
Got my heavy hitch order in.

On the way:
  • dual weight bracket
  • toothbar
  • rear receiver hitch plate with 3-in-1 trailer tow hitch bar
  • heavy duty weight cart
  • back blade/landscape rake combo (steel edge on blade)
used code TTWT and basically paid for shipping. Thanks again, Tim :)

Next paycheck...going shopping at BXpanded!

#19 ·
Wow! Christmas in Jan. 😁😎👍

#20 ·
LOL something like that. Lead times are nuts these days so I wanted to make sure I had all my toys waiting when the tractor arrives so I can hit the ground running and be productive on day 1.

Reactions: trav and Mackford13
#22 ·
Bxpanded goodies ordered:
backhoe dolly
backhoe quick attach w/extra pins
6" trenching bucket
ripper

kboh goodies ordered:
2 x chain boxes with lids
hydraulic pressure gauge (1/4" connector)
front tie downs
diff lock extension pedal
extended iMatch top hook w/ adjustable pins

As a sidebar...I discovered that the popular European tool brands (eg Knipex, Wera, etc) are available at roughly 1/2 price compared to U.S. sources via amazon.de. That has been a dangerous discovery for my credit card LOL.

#30 ·
Congrats on everything and the revised arrival estimate.

You have made great choices on tractor and goodies. I wanted to point out specifically that I think the BX BH dolly is a true game changer because of the way it impacts being able to change out the BH effortlessly, increasing versatility and range of use cases for the entire rig (when you don't need or want the backhoe) and the backhoe itself.

#24 ·
Grill Guard from 5elevendesignz and Taskmaster with D-rings from jufabworks ordered as well as a few additional odds and ends from KBOH. I got my chain boxes from my prior order....all I can say is that they are "perfect" and were worth waiting for to come back in stock.

My order from Heavy Hitch came in the other day. I'm getting quite the impressive pile of boxes full of tractor toys in the back yard. It's going to be fun transporting all this stuff to the house lot at some point considering each box seems to weigh like 100 pounds or more LOL. I didn't anticipate getting a tractor was going to also satisfy my exercise needs for the year at the same time.

Next up will be some Artillian purchases. With the pallet forks and stump bucket, I'll have everything I need to tackle my planned projects for the year. I'll probably get the grapple too at some point down the road, but that's more of a "want" than a "need" since I can accomplish all my "grapple-y" tasks with the forks plus chains albeit more slowly. But if I get any grapple this year it will be the Artillian since everything I buy needs to fit in a 20' shipping container for now and the artillian breaks down to components for very space-saving storage. Once I get my new place built with the barn/garage...I can look at something like the precision mini or similar to complement the artillian amongst other toys I have on the long-term wishlist.

I'm also kicking around getting the piranha toothbar from BXpanded (and the straight-edge bar to protect the bucket when I don't want any toothbar attached) to complement my HH bar. I have a couple of use cases where being able to switch between the two styles could really help I think. Falls into the want vs need again, but for the price it's probably worth it if it saves me a couple of hours here and there over the course of the summer and fall.

#25 ·
Peronsonally I'd skip the second tooth bar if you're looking for storage savings. Unless the only thing you're doing with your bucket is scraping on paved or rock surfaces, it's not going to wear much, if at all. I've got a toothbar (now) but the first 300hours of use was without (which included scooping up mulch off asphalt and scraping up likely 30 tons of gravel) and with the exception of a few scratches and some missing paint, it's no worse for wear. Purchased the toothbar for a purpose, otherwise wouldn't have it.

#26 ·
Thanks MattL, that's good insight!

Reactions: MattL
#29 ·
Well, I got an interesting email from my dealer this morning:
Good morning sir,

I received some pretty incredible news this morning. Not sure how or why, but your tractor is shipping from Deere at the beginning of next week. We should see it here by end of next week!!.........With that being said, were you paying cash for the tractor or going to finance?
Very unexpected, but definitely not unwelcome!

It will be interesting to see if all the "stuff" arrives at the same time as the tractor (backhoe, etc). Crossing my fingers :)

#31 · (Edited)
With the tractor delivery schedule moved up, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Artillian forks (w/ 3k frame, 36x3 forks) and stump bucket (9x16). I'll worry about the grapple later this year, as previously mentioned.

#33 ·
haha yeah you might be right. I'm prepared for an adventure, and since I was previously resigned to a June delivery if it takes a while to get everything I'm probably still most likely ahead of schedule. Honestly, if the base tractor and the loader make it...that's enough to get started with since I have separately purchased the imatch, ballast, and other things that I'll need to get going with my projects (assuming I can take delivery in that state). Guess we'll see!

#34 ·
Update from the dealer:

Hope all is well….. tractor and attachments should be in this week and put together by end of day Friday. Just let me know when you are ready to do the deal on it all.
Getting cautiously optimistic :) Weather permitting, I might swing by on Friday to take a look (and take the obligatory pics) with a plan to finalize the deal and arrange delivery sometime next week. I'm narrowing down the sourcing of a shipping container to be delivered to the property to store everything so it's going to be a bit of a race condition to get everything prepared before the tractor arrives. I spent last weekend bush-whacking with some chainsaws, a pick axe, and a shovel to carve out a space for the container so I think I'm good to go there.

I'm used to "hurry up and wait", but in this case it turned out to be "wait and hurry up" LOL. I should have my artillian order in on Friday as well so I'll have forks and stump bucket ready.

I think that's all for now...more updates coming as I have them :)

Reactions: trav and Mackford13
#35 ·
Per the dealer..everything made it except the mower. And that's expected to arrive this week. So....this might actually happen LOL.

I'll be pulling the trigger on the shipping container today (probably a week for delivery) so seems like everything is going to wind up working out timing-wise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.