Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am going to start this thread hoping others who own or use a 1026R will join me and add to it. Today I ran the middlebuster through the garden. I have a tiller, but cut the driveshaft down to run it behind the X728, and now it is a bit too short. I will replace it in the spring, so I put the buster on today. The soil was soft, but with 4WD engaged and steady forward motion, not a tire was spun. The buster measures about 18" from the tip, up to where it attaches to the Omni Mfg. Transformer hitch. Performance was stellar, the 1026R didn't even know the buster was back there! It was a windy day, so I held the camera, sorry the video isn't much, but it's better than nothing. Oh and I really like the turnbuckles on the outside of the lift arms, very easy to adjust. I also included a pic of the hitch with the 2" receiver on it.

http://youtu.be/G52-puOss9E

So, anyone else?:good2:

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Looking good CP.

Makes you want a larger garden. :laugh: It probably was a little to wet for the tiller anyway. Thanks for the post.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CP, you can get a extension for your PTO shaft, much cheaper than buying a new one: http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=11971&sid=&eid=

Nice pictures also, thanks for posting them :)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
Thanks Kenny, that is definitely the route I will go.:thumbup1gif:

And yes Randy, it is a little late in the season and the ground is quite soft, but not too wet. I am just glad to get it turned, and the tiller works great, but I hate to over work the soil too.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
947 Posts
CP,

It is good to see you get that fancy dancy new tractor a bit dirty.

Thank you for the pictures.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great thread CP!!! Can't wait to follow along! BTW love the tractor and thanks for the pics!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hard Working Tractors

Thanks for the pictures, use to have a middle buster plow but sold it with my JD 750 years ago. I used it to dig up sweet potatoes and peanuts, worked great. Mine had a wide plow blade. Didn't think about using it to turn the garden, now I going to have to get another one. I wish I had taken pictures of me getting up a stump the other day. You would not believe what this little tractor can do. Started digging around a couple stumps the other day, the biggest one was about 20" across and the one beside it just a few inches away was about 15" across. It looked old and a little rotten, but as I dug I realized it was an old oak stump and still soild as a rock just under ground. And to my surprize it was ONE huge stump. It must have been about 3 feet across. I dug down about two an half feet with the tractor's FEL and finally broke it lose and pushed it out of the hole. It was so heavy my pickup could not drag it away. Had to use my powerful little 1026R. :laugh: Man I love this thing.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ONE FINE DEERE! Sounds like you are making good use of your 1000 series. Do you have a toothbar on the FEL? That is definitely on my list for spring. I actually used my 1026R and FEL to take the garbage to the end of the driveway tonight.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
1026R Looks great.

How do you like it? I am very interested in purchasing one, I just bought the Z930A and although it is one grass cutting machine I need more. I sold my previous tractor and just purchased this in May. I have been to the dealer and they do not have any in stock. It looks great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks ONE FINE DEERE! Sounds like you are making good use of your 1000 series. Do you have a toothbar on the FEL? That is definitely on my list for spring. I actually used my 1026R and FEL to take the garbage to the end of the driveway tonight.:lol::lol:
No I don't have a toothbar yet but I want one. Yea I can hear it now, take the garbage out honey, sure...hahahaha, sounds like you just needed a excuss to use your new toy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do you like it? I am very interested in purchasing one, I just bought the Z930A and although it is one grass cutting machine I need more. I sold my previous tractor and just purchased this in May. I have been to the dealer and they do not have any in stock. It looks great.
If you just need a smaller subcompact tractor you will not regret getting this one.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are interested in something bigger take a look at the 2520 too.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I don't have a toothbar yet but I want one. Yea I can hear it now, take the garbage out honey, sure...hahahaha, sounds like you just needed a excuss to use your new toy.
:lol: I'm busted, it was just an excuse to use it, but I had it out for something else, so why not?:thumbup1gif:

ROAWK, ONE FINE DEERE gives you good advice, I just got my 1026R, but am really pleased with it. Dare I say, I can't wait to get the blower on it and move some snow?

·
Registered
40 Posts
taking out the garbage

I have been devising ways to take out the garbage and recyclables with my 1026 when it is delivered. I am glad to see there are other nuts doing the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I love my Ztrac but like I said I need more. I am trying to sell it 1st before trading it in. I had a John Deere bought new in 2005 Gave it to my daughter and just bought the Ztrac in May 2010. I have 3 acres to cut but do alot of gardening, and the 1026R looks perfect for me. I am thinking of getting the backhoe and the loader.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been devising ways to take out the garbage and recyclables with my 1026 when it is delivered. I am glad to see there are other nuts doing the same.
I hope to get a carry all made on the frame I bought at TSC...then I will be unstoppable in what I can haul/transport!:lol::lol:

ROAWK said:
Well I love my Ztrac but like I said I need more. I am trying to sell it 1st before trading it in. I had a John Deere bought new in 2005 Gave it to my daughter and just bought the Ztrac in May 2010. I have 3 acres to cut but do alot of gardening, and the 1026R looks perfect for me. I am thinking of getting the backhoe and the loader.
Sounds great! Keep us posted.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
This is nothing compared to the washing and waxing. :yahoo:

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it is a pretty slow time of year around here for tractor usage. I have been trying to use the 1026R and FEL for any little thing I can. So, today we brought the Christmas tree and decorations out of attic storage above the garage and took them up to the house...about 75' away! This isn't all of it, but the kids were antsy and dragged some of the tubs up to the house themselves. So here is a pic to get us all by until I get the ballast box snow pusher finished.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thats a great pic CP!!! If I had your tractor I would be useing the FEL to haul the mail from the mail box to the house just to get a chance to use it!

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another Update

I got a call from the dealer a couple weeks ago telling me they needed to pick up the 1026R. They had to switch out the driveshaft they put on the blower, it was too long (1-1/2" they said). Apparently Deere sent the wrong shafts and it needed switched out. I still had the FEL on, so they returned it the next day ready for winter. My only complaint was the chute rotation hyd. hookups were backwards. Joystick right to move the chute left was not going to work and was no big deal to correct. I also included a pic of the line up in my barn. My FEL and my neighbor a few doors up's from his Kubota L5640 Cab and his old Woods RFM makes for a full barn this winter!. Also the garage is full with the two vehicles and the 1026R, and No those socks aren't to keep the drift knives warm, they are to protect cars doors and people appendages!

I was surprised at the configuration of the driveshafts. On my other machines, they have been straight/level, as you can see in the pics, they are angled some.

I also got my ballast box snow pusher mounted. I put about 250lbs of sand in the box that was in our pool filter. Then put my (3) 50lb elevator weights in too. I used the snow pusher on my 2320. I use it at the end of the driveway to keep some of the road gunk out of the blower. I also beefed it up with the TSC stall mat lining the entire pusher. It works good, good enough for my uses and until I can find a steal of a rear blade!

I have snow blowed a few times and am quite pleased. The traction with the R4s has been good, rarely requiring 4WD. The extra lighting is a welcome addition. It isn't as nimble with the blower as the X728, but still gets me into the tight spots around the garage. The 1026R seems quite comfortable with the blower at higher RPMs, which of course it should. I point this out because the 2320 did just fine with the blower at a lower RPM (2200ish) whereas the 1026R wants to be 3000ish. I have also noticed a different exhaust note than the Yanmar in the 2320 and the X748. This one sounds to me like a more "industrial" diesel note, like what I here on the equipment on construction sites I work on. The 1026R also cold starts much more roughly than the 2320, but smooths out quickly within 30 seconds. Also many thanks to Mrs. CP for the action shots so early on a cold Saturday morning. Although, I didn't press my luck with a video! She asked what was wrong with the pics she took last winter. Women just don't understand! But anyhow, I am up to 9.9 hours and am very happy with this 1026R.

Also some other randon thoughts/info: This is the 5th winter for the blower and I was going to do some paint work and replace some of the zinc plated hardware, gotta love the road salt, NOT! Then the town stoned the road this summer, so I am going to hold off. We are at the end of the road and there is a lot of excess gravel at the mouth of the driveway. Actually, the paint is the worst on the wings, the blower isn't too bad.

Also I really wanted to add the manual spout deflector adjuster this year. I work with the wind, but it would be nice to not have to. However, Deere hasn't developed the brackets and hardware to mount the deflector control to the 1026R yet. Dealer said total cost when they did make one would probably be in the vicinity of $250. Sooooo I stopped the other day at the sporting goods store and picked up a $25 (on sale, to boot!) pair of ski goggles. Let's just say, I don't know why I waited to long. They are great! I don't mind snow on me as I am bundled up good, but snow in the face was never fun. The goggles coupled with a ski mask really seals up my face and head. And as a contact lens wearer, they really keep the wind off my eyes too. I would recommend a pair to anyone doing serious snow blowing work, so much so that for now I am not planning to get the spout control adjustment.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts