·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
It's really gonna' be a challenge to find a MMM for that one! :hide:

But then again . . . maybe congrats (or condolences??) are in order . . . :bye2:

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, what is it? I saw one just like that driving down the street in Winthrop WA last week.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
That's really cool! :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, just like 56 said, it's a model 60. Not sure of the year, probably mid 50's. It's almost identical to the one scattered in my garage.:lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Really neat! I expect you to be busy posting more pics soon, of this one, and the other that you are putting together! :nunu:

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really neat! I expect you to be busy posting more pics soon, of this one, and the other that you are putting together! :nunu:
That will be happening.:drinks:

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Is this a parts tractor for your Grand Dad's tractor or an addition to your collection? Either way it doesn't look too bad.

Don

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,844 Posts
Yup, just like 56 said, it's a model 60. Not sure of the year, probably mid 50's. It's almost identical to the one scattered in my garage.:lol:
Was confused there for a minute. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Nice find, Jason. I would love to find an old Johnny Popper, but nothing larger than a B, more like a H, M, or a 40 (or a L or LA).

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice find, Jason. I would love to find an old Johnny Popper, but nothing larger than a B, more like a H, M, or a 40 (or a L or LA).
I see them all the time around here Terry. Check CL in the Nashville area. I'll be glad to help you purchase one, with your money of course.:mocking: They are fairly popular around here.

And yes, this 60 was bought as a parts tractor.:flag_of_truce: Not only will it insure a complete and proper mechanical restoration of my Grandpa's 60, but it will help keep others alive by supplying much needed parts for their restoration.:good2:

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So here's a video of the "new" 60 up and running. I had cleaned the fuel strainer, put in fresh fuel, and repaired the coil wiring. If you listen carefully especially towards the end of the video you'll hear a whirring noise coming from the flywheel side of the engine. I believe a bearing is going out on the engine near the governor. Enjoy:thumbup1gif:

·
8,558 Posts
Seems a shame to take a running machine and use it for parts. :cray:

Fun video! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
That's great, Jason. Reminds me of an old JD model "B" I used to drive back in the 50's.

Those were the days . . . :drinks:

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems a shame to take a running machine and use it for parts. :cray:

Fun video! Thanks!
Trust me, I feel the same way. But look at it this way. It's a heck of a lot cheaper buying a complete parts tractor (running or not) than buying a bunch of individual parts. Plus not only will it bring my Grandpa's 60 back from the grave, there's no telling how many others out there it may save as well with the salvaged parts.

So here's the equation...

1 dead tractor plus 1 running tractor (and lots of time) = 1 running tractor and X amount of possibly saved tractors.

·
8,558 Posts
Trust me, I feel the same way. But look at it this way. It's a heck of a lot cheaper buying a complete parts tractor (running or not) than buying a bunch of individual parts. Plus not only will it bring my Grandpa's 60 back from the grave, there's no telling how many others out there it may save as well with the salvaged parts.

So here's the equation...

1 dead tractor plus 1 running tractor (and lots of time) = 1 running tractor and X amount of possibly saved tractors.
I understand, and the running one would need parts and work too, to keep it going.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts