Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has been looking for a 2010 Dodge Challenger for about 6 months now. A while ago he heard about a special Mopar edition Challenger that they were making. I helped him look up information on it online and he knew he had to have one. However, they were only going to make 500 of them. Initially he thought there was no chance that any would even get to the public, and that all 500 would be had by the executives and their families, etc. Well he put his name on a list for one anyway at our local dodge dealer, along with some money up front. They called him a while later (not sure exactly when, about a month ago) and told him they still hadn't gotten one, and they didnt know if they were going to be able to. Well he happened to drive by yesterday, and guess what was there sitting on the lot. So he went in a talked to them about it, they ended up getting the one he wanted (manual tranny, blue stripe) later that day. So me and him test drove it for a few hours, and he went back to buy it today.

Now to the good stuff! I WILL get more pictures once we get a sunny day. There is horrible lighting in his garage.

The black wheels, IMO, are the best part. I am so glad they put them on this thing.

Mopar stripe decal and Mopar fuel cap

The one and only thing that disappoints me about this car is that they put the R/T engine in it, and not the SRT (6.1L V8). Dont get me wrong, the 5.7L has plenty of power, but when you make a limited edition car like this, why would you not put the big boy under that hood?

It also has a pistol grip hurst shifter, which I thought was pretty cool, and really comfortable. I got to drive it for about 15 minutes, and the shifting and the clutch were pretty easy to get used to. :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The one and only thing that disappoints me about this car
OK, come clean, the only thing that truely disappoints you is that it doesn't have the blue oval on it.

Yep, SWEET RIDE.:good2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, come clean, the only thing that truly disappoints you is that it doesn't have the blue oval on it.

Yep, SWEET RIDE.:good2:
:bye2: I don't have blinders on. I look at what vehicles are out there and I make my mind up based on what I need from a vehicle. I have owned more chevy trucks than ford, but I needed them for road use and more comfort. I did not need the rugged can do that ford builds.

For sports cars, I really don't get into the mustang. But if Ford did build a car like this, I would own it.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Ford and Dodge did their retro rides right. Chevy botched the Camaro's looks.
I am finding a lot of people feel the way you do. I beginning to think that no matter what Chevrolet did people were not going to like it.:unknown:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can you like what they do with the press they are getting. A huge stock offering today and the news was just saying how great they were doing right now, only 20 months after the biggest bailout in the history of the world. How can't we be mad that we the taxpayers funded thier busness stupidity.

ANYONE else would have sufferend and went under. Now the news was saying how great it will be because the tax payers will probably, and I stress probably, get all thier bailout money back.

How can anyone with half a brain think that this was cool.:unknown:

But the Americans elect these stupid MFers and they do anything for the $$$$.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Well, that's the thing, I hardly believe the slanted press and what they write or air. Secondly, I am not blaming GM for the bail out. It was the government that did that dasterly dead. Making the company the evil entity here is the wrong focus of your anger. And I am seeing many blaming GM. Your memory is short, there was a Chrysler bailout not long ago. And let's not for get the other industry bail outs. Hey, if owned a business and it was on the downward slide I would do everything I could to save it, even if it was FORD. You also seem to have contempt for GM now that they are about to make good on there loan. Sounds like a lot of double talk. Now on the other hand, I have a real problem with the government being loose with our money and do not agree with bail outs. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your memory is short, there was a Chrysler bailout not long ago. And let's not for get the other industry bail outs.
Yup, Ford got a bailout under Bush.

Had there not been a bailout GM would still exist as they would have done like many other companies and done the bankruptcy on their own. Ultimately with the economy in the latrine, The govt couldn't (or wouldn't) allow that as that ultimately would have meant the unions would have gone by-by and the tax payers would now own many more retirement accounts. That's the real reason IMO, without govt "help" they would have been able to get rid of the unions and fat pensions that was sinking them (another great topic for another thread)

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, Ford got a bailout under Bush.

Had there not been a bailout GM would still exist as they would have done like many other companies and done the bankruptcy on their own. Ultimately with the economy in the latrine, The govt couldn't (or wouldn't) allow that as that ultimately would have meant the unions would have gone by-by and the tax payers would now own many more retirement accounts. That's the real reason IMO, without govt "help" they would have been able to get rid of the unions and fat pensions that was sinking them (another great topic for another thread)
:thumbup1gif: Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its no secrete that all auto comapnies have used some sort of gov't assistance, but none have used it like GM, not even close. The Dems did it to save votes and $$$ that come to them from the unions.

What really soured me to GM was the CEO of the company when being questioned by the gov't. He acted, sounded, and protrayed himself as an idiot. The Ford and Chrysler CEO's were very professional.

With that said, I live in the heart of GM country and I see the people who work there. I live next to two people who have been laid off for the past two years, but they still get 90 percent of thier pay for doing nothing but starting trouble in the neighborhood.

Its crap like that that makes me mad. Real people who would really love to work rarly fit in at the plants as most do just enough to get by and thats it. If you make other look bad for caring and doing your job the best you can, the rest will out you and your time there will be limited.

Its stupid!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
FG, your funny.:mocking:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So this alein couple landed in a small port of Newfoundland . They met a young couple named George and Ester . They explained how they had come to Earth to experiment sexually with humans . The young Newfie couple was game . They paired off , to the bedrooms they went .

Once in the room , and stripped down . Ester laughed . The alein replied , "what are you laughing at " she said " your member , it's very cute and small ,lol" He said . "all you have to do it pull on my ears , and it will get bigger . Just pull on them until it suits your needs " She did , gave it quite a few tugs she did . She was very happy .

The next morning , she strolls into the kitchen , wobbly , and hair all bushy . She says to George "Georgey boy , what a night of luvin that alien gave me , how was your night ?" George replied " terrible , all she wanted to do was pull my damn ears !!

·
Registered
733 Posts
How can you like what they do with the press they are getting. A huge stock offering today and the news was just saying how great they were doing right now, only 20 months after the biggest bailout in the history of the world. How can't we be mad that we the taxpayers funded thier busness stupidity.

ANYONE else would have sufferend and went under. Now the news was saying how great it will be because the tax payers will probably, and I stress probably, get all thier bailout money back.

How can anyone with half a brain think that this was cool.:unknown:

But the Americans elect these stupid MFers and they do anything for the $$$$.
Hey Fordguy...look what just went public...
http://jalopnik.com/5704575/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts