Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this and couldn’t pass it up. 240 hrs. Heat, AC.
I kinda like it. Probably use the loader on the 4720 allot less now!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If you have one of those there isn't really any excuse to use the loader on the tractor, right?:laugh: Great find!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have one of those there isn't really any excuse to use the loader on the tractor, right?:laugh: Great find!
The loader might be handier for feeding cows. I’ll have to see how big of a hassle it will be to set the round bale down, maybe back up, climb out, open the gate, climb back in, pick up the bale, drive through, repeat the procedure to close the gate...
The lift is amazing compared to the 4720 though.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn’t know the damn thing takes motor oil in the hydraulic system and chain cases:laugh:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
The loader might be handier for feeding cows. I’ll have to see how big of a hassle it will be to set the round bale down, maybe back up, climb out, open the gate, climb back in, pick up the bale, drive through, repeat the procedure to close the gate...
The lift is amazing compared to the 4720 though.

I know you bought it just for the a/c and heat since you have an open station tractor, so I already know which one will be used to put out the bales in that balmy MN weather.

Dave

·
Old Pa-pa
11,353 Posts
A buddy has the Bobcat version, I think he and his wife use it more than the tractor, 2 ZT's (each one has
their own) and ATV around their place.

He has the backhoe attachment and the pole saw attachment (big a$$ hydraulically driven and articulated chainsaw).

Just a slick and versatile piece of equipment to have. :good2:

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I didn’t know the damn thing takes motor oil in the hydraulic system and chain cases:laugh:
I am guessing 10w30 but check and see if there is a JD additive you also need to mix in the oil for the hydraulics.

Very nice looking machine.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Good for you!

Came across this and couldn’t pass it up. 240 hrs. Heat, AC.
I kinda like it. Probably use the loader on the 4720 allot less now!
Good for you, but I'm envious. . . although my wish skid steer has tracks.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good for you, but I'm envious. . . although my wish skid steer has tracks.

Treefarmer
I thought hard about that myself. Not many farmer/ranchers (unless your a tree farmer:laugh:) have tracked machines in these parts. Tracks have allot of moving parts, and tires can be fixed and replaced easily, and don’t get all loaded down with manure and mud.

Forestry applications, landscaping, road work, and construction...well the tracks are the clear winner.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
:bigthumb: way to go there Arlen--pretty darn nifty machine-huh. jeepers the gator has heat, wiper, and a/c-so it probably had a lot to play in helping the cat drag it home-huh:lol::mocking:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I thought I better post a follow up to prove that i’m actually using it to perform actual work.

I really like the stability. Even though it doesn’t look like it, it’s just as wide as my 4720. It is waaaaaay heavier at about 7000 pounds with the counterweights. CG is very low and far to the rear. You feel pretty safe in it handling big loads. My BIL said when comparing it to my 4720: “ at least if you flip the SS...you will live”:laugh:
It will out push the tractor on dirt ( probably because of the weight)
It’s nice for bucketing because you can see the edge of the bucket.
The loader is so much stronger and more stout that the 4720, they aren’t even in the same league.
It would lift a house if you could keep the rear end down.
The tractor is nicer for feeding big fires, since the SS puts you a little too close to the flames for comfort.
The heat and air are nice, but a little more of a pain to open gates, and you can’t open the door unless the boom is all the way down.
So in short, a feller needs both machines!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Time to update your signature Arlen :good2:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arlen,

Will your grapple fit on it and work with it as well?
It will fit, and I had some different hoses made, but I haven’t tried it out yet.
I’m thinking the flat bottom style grapple with 2 jaws might work better on a skid loader, so I’m kinda looking at that too.
First and foremost, next year, I want to get a snowblower for it. It is NOT a high flow unit, but it still has a healthy 20 gpm, so I have to research whether I can find a 6 foot blower that will work with that flow rate.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I remember this thread and when I saw it pop up again I was hoping you were going to say you were tired of it and just needed to be rid of it.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It will fit, and I had some different hoses made, but I haven’t tried it out yet.
I’m thinking the flat bottom style grapple with 2 jaws might work better on a skid loader, so I’m kinda looking at that too.
First and foremost, next year, I want to get a snowblower for it. It is NOT a high flow unit, but it still has a healthy 20 gpm, so I have to research whether I can find a 6 foot blower that will work with that flow rate.
Wouldn't that kind of flow rate be nice to have on our CUT's!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Dad picked up a Virning snow blower last year for his new Holland SS. Also not high flow, it says it can handle a MAX of 25 GPM.
It works, but it's not a PTO blower by any means.

Doing it over again, he would have gotten a 3 pt blower for the 7700 instead.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dad picked up a Virning snow blower last year for his new Holland SS. Also not high flow, it says it can handle a MAX of 25 GPM.
It works, but it's not a PTO blower by any means.

Doing it over again, he would have gotten a 3 pt blower for the 7700 instead.
Do you happen to know the flow Rate?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts