Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone local has a Frontier 1154 snow blower for sale. I've never owned one before and don't know a lot about them. If he gets back to me that it is still available, what should I look for? It looks like its garage kept. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
Listening to it run when attached to the tractor would be nice if the seller can do it. Otherwise, look at the general condition of the auger, auger housing, impeller and impeller housing. See if any oil is leaking out of the gear box. Turn it over by hand to ensure everything turns free and smooth. Wiggle the ends of the auger, the impeller and the PTO to see if the bearings are tight. Check the condition of the auger sprocket and chain. You can also make sure that the chute turns smoothly with the crank handle (assuming it is manually operated). If all those things check out you should be good to go.

·
Registered
491 Posts
ive had my 54 for 7 seasons and other than some surface scratches and rust where the paint has been scraped away, it is still a tank.

As @jgayman stated, making sure everything spins freely, signs it has been greased and everything rotates on the chute. This year i did find a new zerk on it but at the moment I forgot where it was but I have hit all the main rotating spots on a regular basis. There isn't much to them honestly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts